t w e n t y s e v e n

The moon, it was in his eyes , the reflection of it at least. Splaying her fingers over his bare chest she nuzzled her head against his neck and inhaled his scent for a few moments before she allowed herself to meet his gaze.

"Good morning beautiful." He winked at her earning an eye roll.

"Good morning babe. I probably should get out of bed before my grandmother gets up." Shaking herself from his grip , she sat on the edge of the bed and stretched while he watched her silhouette. Her four-month bump protruding , he reached over and wrapped his arm around her waist placing his hand on it. He felt a pressure against his hand alerting both he and Zolee as she soon put her hands over his searching for the feeling again.

"Did they just ..."

"Kick?" D'Angelo finished the sentence a smile on his face "Yeah I think so."

Joyous giggles filled the room before Zolee stood up.

"That's early , I mean I'm almost five months but still you know."

"My boys are just advanced you know." He smiled proudly up at her and she couldn't help but to allow the joy he was experiencing. Kissing him softly one more time , she soon ambled back to her room , careful to miss the creaky floorboard that always landed her in trouble when she was a teenager.

Settling into her sheets , she felt her stomach once more hoping to get the sensation but nothing happened.

The next morning , she arose to laughter emanating from the kitchen. Following the sound and the scent of her grandmother's famous pancakes , she walked in to see D'Angelo and Misa shuffling around. Misa was putting together plates while D'Angelo was helping her set the table. The sight was a welcome one.

Clearing her throat she garnered their attention instantly , beaming smiles radiating on both of their faces.

"Morning honey , this one is surely a good catch. I thought he wouldn't be able to hang with me in the kitchen but he knows a thing or two."

Blushing at the compliment , D'Angelo gave a nervous smile before he pulled out a chair at the table for his girlfriend. Sitting , Zolee took in her surroundings before she scratched her head as they moved plates over to the table.

"Where's Zara?"

"Oh.." Misa waved a dismissive hand "She went to go hang out with some friends of hers , she'll be back for our New Years Eve tradition though."

"Tradition?" D'Angelo's voice filled the room as Nurse Mills walked out and took her seat.

"I hope you didn't exert too much energy doing this Misa, you remember what we discussed." The nurse scolded but Misa waved a dismissive hand as she took a seat before turning to D'Angelo.

"Well , when Zolee was a little girl , she begged me to take her to the beach on New Year's Eve , Zara joined in with her so I relented. Before I knew it we were going to the beach every year and we'd wait for the fireworks , that was their favorite part. Mine was seeing their eyes light up and this New Year's Eve will be no different."

Nurse Mills let out a sigh at the story.

"That draft won't be good for you." She warned lightly to no avail once again.

Giving a stern look , Misa held up her hand "I've not lived seventy two years on this Earth for someone to tell me what I can and can't do. Now, my babies are back in town albeit one of them is carrying her own babies and brought her boyfriend with her. I'm spending time with my family, that's final."

Pursing her lips, Nurse Mills looked as if she were fighting with herself while D'Angelo gave Zolee a concerned look which she shared with him.

"Gran we can just spend it on the back porch , we'll still see fireworks."