t w o

Somehow Zolee found herself on the other side of the lens.

After doing Mack Wilds' Videoshoot , he decided that he wanted to capture a few shots of her.

"Is this fine?" She asked sheepishly , she was used to being more behind the scenes than center stage.

"Perfect love , do you know how amazing you look right now?"

"Stop , it's not that serious."

She chuckled causing him to smile , his dimples popped out and she had to admit he was very attractive.

"But it is , I think I'm getting the hang of this photography thing , what do you think?"

He passed her the camera and she smiled as she took in the photos , they were actually really really nice.

"You have to send me these , they're amazing actually."

"Yeah?"

He cocked his head to the side and smirked , his eyes boring holes into her face.

"Yeah Tristan."

He laughed and kissed his teeth.

"I told you to call me Mack little mama."

His voice was smooth like butter but her mind was as absolute and hard as granite.

"And I told you that your mama didn't name you that little daddy."

He raised his hands in surrender as he continued to chuckle , he liked her , she was a breath of fresh air , never had another girl questioned him on that before.

"Alright , but if you want the picture you gone have to slide me your number to , you know , send them."

Zolee rolled her eyes and began to pack up , she didn't exactly give her number or herself easily and he sure as hell didn't need it to send her some photos. She took out her iPhone and sighed as she saw the message from Yara illuminated on her screen.

Are you on your way? We have to be to the venue two hours early.

Zolee sighed as she replied before putting her phone in her back pocket.

Yeah , I'm coming.

"Look Tristan , you have my card so you have my number. Thanks for having me."

She shook his hand and began to walk out, He didn't stop her , he just watched her and made himself a promise.

She hopped in a taxi and told him her address before watching the window the whole ride. She watched the tall gaudy buildings , shiny and decorated with photos of celebrities, catchy slogans and fancy baubles. She watched the people , how everyone either looked carelessly flawless or positively polished , California was the home of stars and she hoped to be one.

She'd talked to her Gran that morning but it had been short , however her words stuck. Her gran told her to pursue her dreams and never give up, she didn't intend to. Recently photography didn't hold the zeal it used to , she wanted to branch out , she had a journalism degree along with photography, maybe she could try her hand at broadcast journalism.

"This is it miss!"

She looked up at the Indian – looking Driver , according to the license on the back of his seat his name was Gupta. He smiled at her and she smiled back before she hopped out.

With a sigh she neared the tan stone apartment building and entered the main lobby , hailing the bell boy Tony before entering the empty elevator and pressing their floor which was 3. When the doors opened she got her keys and opened the door only to meet Yara pacing the floor , still on the phone as she moved around , she seemed to be slightly agitated.