"No!" I lied trying to boost her self-confidence not that she needed any more, her head would blow up from getting too big.

"Oh please, you are the worst liar." She spat back at me, not moving away from the steering wheel, not even raising s brow.

"What gave it away?" I inquired, I should probably get a masterclass subscription in the art of lying, Tonya Harding probably has a class on it. Nah I shouldn't say that...I,Tonya made me change my opinion on her maybe she just was a victim but then again she did bash that poor girl's legs in...Well I mean you could understand why she did it- okay maybe not oh god where does my moral standpoint lie-

Her giggle broke me out of my trance, "Your voice goes up two octaves." Great caught again.

"Its' not true." she calmly exclaimed. "He said he wanted to go somewhere quiet and chat, I know that in hindsight he was just trying to get in my pants but- I thought to myself, its' okay, he's Miles' friend he's not going to pull anything on me."
"But loyalty in guy world? does it even exist in Eastside? He didn't want to talk...and he ended up trying to-"

Her voice drifted and she began to stutter, her perfect teddy velvet lipstick lined lips quivered and she pulled over to the nearest ditch to calm herself down.

"Tilly...Matilda did he hurt you?" if that concieted little asshole laid a finger on my best friend all hell is going to break loose!

"No" she repeated through bitter sobs.
"I-I got out of it in time."

"Out of it? In time?" I muttered in shock.

"God, (Y\N) you a parrot?"

I didn't flinch when she raised her tone because I knew it didn't come from a place of hatred. This girl had been a victim of a monstrous crime and it was taking a mental toll on her. Her eyes, cold, stoic and undeniably magnetic was filled with tears, the colour drained from it like static. This was unusual for Matilda. She normally didn't show emotion, I've known her for 3 years and this is the first time I've ever seen her cry. I don't know what happened that night but I do know that it must have been terrible to stir such a reaction in Matilda.

"It sounds like he-"

"He didn't get that far." Matilda explained. "So I kicked him and got out of there! Its fine its completely okay."

Her attempt to reassure me was not going to work, no, this was serious.

"No, No Matilda its' not okay." Like I was going to let him get away with this!
"You've got to talk about this, you need to tell the police, he assaulted you- Tilly."

"Oh shut up." Matilda was practically bawling at this point, a never ending stream of water was seeping from her eyes.
"I'm not going to the police about it, what kind of melodramatic b.s is that!"

Why would she think that! Why is she so in denial, this living, walking waste of space dared to try and assault her! I wish she could see that it was wrong and she needed to tell someone about this!

"You aren't being melodramatic, you are having a normal reaction to being assaulted. You're hurt and scared and heartbroken..."

"Heartbroken? Like some stupid, kicker could break my heart? No-one breaks my heart!"
Matilda, didn't let people see her upset. There was a time that Sydney Collette broke down in front of Justin Hethersford because he left her for Beth Greene because in his words "he was a boob guy" and Sydney was as flat chested as an Ikea package. It was brutal, she started crying in the auditorium in front of everyone.

I was almost moved to tears hearing the poor girl ramble about how much she loved him and how he broke her heart. But Matilda turned to me and spoke very plainly. "Sydney shouldn't waste her tears crying over someone who doesn't deserve to see her smile."