Chapter 17

* Jeff's POV *

I saw David's video that he posted. You could see me and Aspyn in the corner of the video. 

I got text messages from my friends and dms from other people saying that they knew it was me in the video. I sigh because I really do not want this to get out of control. People aren't really hating on us which is a good thing, I guess.

 I need to get a hold of her so that I can talk to her about the kiss and see if she's upset about the video. I put a shirt on so that I could at least be clothed when I'm talking to her.

 I go next door to see if she's home. I knock but I don't hear any movement from the door. I knock again and wait a little bit. She doesn't answer so I'm guessing she's still asleep or she's not home at all. I walk back inside my apartment in defeat.

 I decide to go downstairs and workout to think. I change into my workout shorts and put on my tennis shoes. I find that boxing really helps me get my thoughts together. 

I jump rope and ran a mile to get my body warmed up. I put my boxing gloves on and started hitting the punching bag.

This happened way quicker than it should have. I don't really drink but I guess the alcohol really got me there last night. It was supposed to take a while. There was supposed to be a couple dates here and there before we were going to get together. We needed to have some quality time together first. 

I haven't even begun dating her yet and everything seems to be going badly so far. I punch the bag harder as my frustration gets worse. 

She's gonna think that I was coming onto her too soon, but she is the one who tried to kiss me. Okay, we were both involved so I'm not the victim. I finish up my workout and went back upstairs. 

I turn on the water so that I can take a fresh shower. I look at the time to see it was about 12 pm. 

I'm watching this random movie I put on but it's not really grabbing my attention. I hear the elevator ding and I walk up to my door to see who it is by looking through the peephole.

It's Aspyn and she has this rolling cart with her that's filled with groceries. I wait till she gets in and puts up her stuff.  Maybe I shouldn't go now. I'll wait until she's down for a bit

....

It's 2 pm and my phone rings. 

What a coincidence, I get a text from Aspyn. She asks me if she could stop by. 

" Yeah! I don't mind. Come on in, the door is unlocked " I reply back. 

I immediately get on my feet and brush my fingers through my hair to fix it. I threw some of the clothes that were on my couch into my bedroom. I should've cleaned up before she came home. 

I go in for a hug and she seems hesitant for a bit but she still accepts my hug. 

" So what's up? " 

" Well, I just wanted to bring it up and sugar coat it, " she proceeds to say, " I wanted to talk about last night. Did you see David's video? " We walk to my couch and we sit down. Her crop top shows half of her stomach and her shorts elongates her legs. She crossed her legs and faced towards me. 

" Yeah, what do you think about it? " 

" I'm not mad about it. Like I told Natalie, I couldn't care less about what they say. You? "

" Well, I mean " I mumbled, " I also don't mind. I thought you were gonna be upset because you just moved here and you wanted to have a fresh start "

" Yeah, I do. But those people don't know me personally " She does have a point. 

" You're right... So about last night " I bring up.

" Yeah, I don't know what happened. I don't know what came over me. I am so sorry if I came onto you - " I stop her from apologizing.

" No no, it's not your fault. I asked you if I could kiss you first. I was the person who wanted to kiss you first " I interrupted her. 

" But then I wanted to kiss you even though I shook my head " she brings her head into her hands. I can tell that she's very uncomfortable.

" At least it was mutual " I chuckle to try to lighten up the mood. I don't want this to be awkward even though this feels like it's about to be.

" Look, I like you and I know it happened fast and it wasn't supposed to happen that way. But can I take you out for dinner someday? "I finally take a breath. 

" As a date " I also blurted out. 

I felt like I was holding my breath as I was saying that sentence. 

My heart starts to beat quickly as she widens her eyes. She looks shocked that I asked her. This is it. I'm about to face rejection.

" I would actually love that " she chimed and I look up to her and smiled. 

" Wait, really? " 

" Yeah, why not? The feeling is mutual " she had this huge grin plastered on her face.

 My heart explodes of joy. She just told me she basically likes me. I'm actually gonna go out with her.

" Alright then. Are you free sometime this weekend or next week? " there's a hint of hope in my voice hoping that she's free this weekend.

" I can't do this weekend because I have some phone calls to do. I can do it during the weekdays though. Is that good? "

" That's no problem! I'll text you about it then?" 

" Sounds good, I'll be at it then. I have to be at Zane's so I'll talk to you later? " she walks up and starts to be on her way. What? Why Zane's place? Honestly, I shouldn't worry. I mean come on, it's Zane. But Matt is there and we know Matt always wants to get laid. 

I need to stop thinking about it. This makes me seem like a clingy, psychotic, and jealous guy. I'm not the jealous and clingy guy. I am half psychotic, I'll admit that.

I give her a thumbs up. She turns around 

" Hey, thank you for letting me come to you about this and handling it in a mature way" 

" No problem, thank for doing that too, " I thank her.

As I walk her out and close the door, I take a deep breath and rub my face in relief. Well, I got a date to plan. 

Crap, I don't even know what she wants to do or what she likes! Does she simply like to have a dinner and a movie date? Or maybe ice skate or roller skate? I don't know why I feel like I don't know what to do. I've dated and had girlfriends before. 

I need to figure out what she likes to do as soon as possible. The perfect person to ask would be Natalie since they've hung out a lot before she even moved here. I want this to go perfectly. I'm gonna start getting to work and see what I can do. 

 I am a man on a mission!