Love

COLTON POV

I'm so regretting what I did to Kendra, she never did anything to deserve what I did to her. She would listen to me when we talked, and all she showed me was kindness. She's given up so much and I just added to her problem. I want to explain to her that I'm truly sorry and I miss the way we would sit and just talk about anything. I fucked everything up.

I know she's going to make one hell of a lawyer. She's got guts, and she certainly put me in my place.

When we walked into the bar and saw the girls sat at a table across from where we stood, we did what we always do and that is to make our ex-girlfriends jealous, but I don't think it worked because Kendra smiled at me and it was a smile that made her look sexy.

********

I'm at the restaurant with Camille, trying to make Kendra jealous, but I'm not so sure it would work. All I know is that she was the girl I was falling for and she didn't feel the same to me. I really don't blame her, I acted like a complete bastard to her, and I know she will never forgive me. I found someone that truly mattered to me and I fucked it up.

We've just finished our food and Kendra walks in with Gage. She walked past us and didn't look at me. My plan this time wasn't working. I smiled at Camille and told her it was a nice evening, but I couldn't see her anymore. She left, and I stayed and finished my wine then left.

I got back to the penthouse and had a shower, brush my teeth, and got in bed. I lay looking at the ceiling, feeling sorry for myself. I know Kendra was the one. We did make love, and she was the one forcing herself on me. I wanted more, she's so fucking addictive I wanted to do more to her.

I wake in the morning and walk to the kitchen to get a coffee. The guys were coming over in a while. I need to tell them how I feel about Kendra. I sit reading my paper and drinking my coffee.

When I was done, I went for a shower and put a suit on and went to my office and waited for the guys to show up. I did some paperwork and looked over some proposals. I then started to think about what Kendra said about her law degree. I didn't ask what law degree she was doing. What the fuck. She said that's where I fucked up. I need to know what law she's study.

I got my phone out and got her number up and text her. Soon as I did that, I had an error message sent back saying 'number not recognised', I rubbed my face, she's changed her number. Now I have no way of getting in contact with her. I shake my head and go get another coffee.

Evan and Brett walk in whilst I'm in the kitchen and they do what they always do and help themselves.

"Colt, have you had any luck making Kendra jealous?" Evan asks.

I look at him and take a deep breath.

"No, it didn't work. I went to the restaurant with my date and Kendra walked right past me with Gage," I rub my face.

"So, what now? I mean she's not going to fall for any of your tricks," Brett says and drinks his juice.

"That's it, she's going to be a lawyer, and she's going to make a really good one," I say. Thinking about the way she made love to me, yep, she made love to me and it took me by surprise. Normally it's me getting what I want, but she is different, and I enjoyed the passion between us.

"So what law is she studying?" Evan asks.

"I don't know I didn't ask. But whatever it is, she's outsmarted us," I say and laugh.

A while later the guys leave, and I have dinner and sit for a while and then go for a shower and bed.

********

Twelve Months Later

It's been twelve months since Kendra divorced me and the guys and I have calmed down to what we used to be like. I haven't seen Kendra at all. We had seen the girls a few times, but not Kendra.

I'm meeting the guys at the pub; it's Saturday and I could do with a few drinks. I walk into the pub and I noticed Kendra is sitting at a table with a guy. I walked over to the bar and saw Evan and Brett.

"Look who's out tonight," Evan says and looks towards Kendra.

"I saw her as I walked in," I say, and order my drink.

I look over my shoulder and he's kissing her neck, and she's smiling and touching his cheek. I looked back at the bar and picked my drink up and stood with the guys. We stood talking, and we had a few girls stood with us talking.

"Evan, don't look now but Kali's just walked in with some dude and they look really cosy," Brett says and pats Evan's shoulder.

We glance over and then see Samara walk in with some well-built dude and she was smiling. She stood in front of Kendra and waved her left hand, and we could hear them screaming with joy and the girls cuddled. I looked at Brett and he was red with anger.

"She's got engaged, what the hell," Brett says and clenches his fist.

"Brett, we fucked up big time. I was falling for Kendra," I say and finish my drink.

"We should have stopped. I know now how those girls felt," Brett says and shakes his head.

"We played the game far too long," Evan says.

"Guys, the girls have moved on and we should," I say and order another drink.

Kendra walks up to the bar, and she doesn't look at me. I glance away from her and finish my drink.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow," I say and walk out.

I know I was falling for Kendra, and I know she thought I was falling for some other girl. I just didn't have the courage to tell her how I felt about her. I guess I will keep this secret to myself and maybe she is right about my cold heart, but she was the one that warmed it.

Regret is the worst feeling ever, I should have helped her and then she would have had her studio flat and her beloved horses. I'm so guilty that as her husband at the time I didn't help her. I hope she's happy, and she's found love? I might find that one person to love, but it's always going to be Kendra.

Two days later I'm sat in my kitchen at the table drinking coffee and reading the newspaper, and on the front page is a photo of Kendra and Mr Tanner Jefferson. This guy's family is the wealthiest corporate lawyers in the world. I carry on reading.

"Mr Tanner Jefferson and Miss Kendra Knight have announced their engagement, and a formal party will be held at Jefferson's stately home on Saturday. Miss Knight is a criminal and corporate lawyer for Jefferson and Sons, and Mr Jefferson is a corporate lawyer for Jefferson and Sons. They met eight months ago when they worked on a case together. They are hoping to marry next year in the summer,"

I'm shocked by what I read. It's no wonder she saw right through me, she's a fucking criminal lawyer. I hope she'll be happy, and she truly has found love.

***************************** 

Hope you like this chapter

Would love to read your comments

Thank you for reading