Drinks

KENDRA  POV

It's been two weeks since I saw Colton and he signed the divorce papers. I handed the papers to the court, and the judge signed and stamped the papers and sent a copy to Colton too. I was so pleased that was over and the girls couldn't believe what the guys were up to.

I'm having a house built on the land that I own, where my horses used to be. I miss my mares every day and my heart will never heal. I told Kali and Samara what was going on and they were very upset with me for not telling them sooner. I told them I was having a house built, and they wanted to look at the plans, so I showed them. This house is costing three-hundred and fifty thousand to be built. It's going to have five bedrooms, four bathrooms, lounge, kitchen with dining room, study, cloakroom, and a small gym.

I'm staying at Uni; I only got a year and then I finish. I've already been offered a job at a wealthy well-known law firm. I work for this law firm one day a week at the moment but soon as Uni is finished, I will be earning a six-figure income a year. So, all my heartache and the loss I've encountered has paid off.

********

I'm sat with the girls in a pub having a few drinks. It's Saturday night and it's raining again. I'm looking around and it's busy. I look at the Kali.

"Have you heard from Evan?" I asked.

"He phoned me to make up some excuse, that was a week ago. So, I told him it was over, and the phone went dead," Kali says and laughs. I shook my head and Samara looked at me.

"I told Brett I didn't want to see him the day after you got Colton to sign the divorce papers. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of dumping me," She says and raises her glass.

We then pick up our glasses and raise them.

"To Friends," I say.

"To throwing the trash out," Samara says.

"To the assholes," Kali says.

We clink glasses and drink our drinks and laugh.

I went up to the bar and got three more drinks. I picked up the glasses and turn to walk back to the girls and I saw Colton with his two friends talking to some girls. I smiled to myself, I knew he would never change. I walked back to the girls and told them, they looked over at them and Kali had a revenge look on her face.

"Kali, I don't like that look you got," I say and sip my drink.

"Kendra, how about we have some fun and see if they like it?" Kali says and slyly looks over at them.

"What are you talking about?" Samara asks and looks over her shoulder at the guys.

I look over at them and I watch Colton talking to a girl. Maybe she's the one he was falling for. He looks over at us and I smile. Oh yeah, I give him a sexy smile. He smiles back and says something to the guys and then starts to kiss the girl. It then hits me as he kisses the girl. He's trying to make me jealous; he thinks he's going to win me back by making me jealous, just what he wanted to do to Amy.

I'm smiling and Kali and Samara are looking at me.

"Kendra, do tell us what you're thinking?" Samara asks.

"I know how they do what they do. I was so fucking blind," I say and gulp back the rest of my drink.

"Care to fill us in?" Kali says and sits forward towards me.

We all sit more forward, and I look at them both.

"You know how I said that Colton wanted to make his ex-girlfriend jealous so she would go back to him," I say and look around. They nod.