I roamed my eyes then saw Chaeyoung walking towards where we were. "Where's Jennie unnie?"

Chipmunk rubbed her eyes then yawned, "Isn't she still inside her room?"

Jisoo looked up and scanned the whole place before going back to her game. "No, she isn't, Chaeng. When I woke up, she's not anywhere, too."

Chaeng glanced at the clock and saw that it was only 9 o'clock in the morning. "It's too early for her to go to somewhere, right? Where do you think she went off too without saying anything to us?"

Chaeng plopped on the seat beside me and I rested my head on her shoulder.

We became quiet for a while. From the corner of my eye, I saw Jisoo looking weirdly at us.

"Why are you acting like she's not coming back?"

"Unnie, it's almost new year and I want to celebrate it with the three of you. Did she, perhaps went home?"

"Instead of asking me, why don't you ask our managers?"

I clapped at her brilliant idea, "You could really be very smart sometimes, unnie."

Jisoo scoffed and didn't mind us anymore. Apparently, Jennie was called by YG in his office.

For what? We didn't know but our managers told us not to worry.

However, that didn't actually add up for me. When Jennie came home two hours later, her eyes were sad and she was very fidgety.

She was also spacing out a lot which was very unusual for the only Jennie Kim.

"Chae..."

"Lisa."

We said almost at the same time. We silently muttered 'Jinx' before returning our gaze to the retreating back of Jennie.

"Is she okay?"

"I don't know. She was already like that when she came home a while ago."

Someone shouted near our ears that we both jumped away from each other.

"Yah! Why are you so close to each other and whispering? Is there some love confession going on here?"

We widened our eyes at her and blushed. "That's not it, unnie!"

She squeezed herself between us and eyed us, "Then what?"

"Jennie."

"Oh. You noticed it, too."

"Yes. What's wrong with her?"

"I don't know exactly. She was like that when she came home from going to that rat's office." Jisoo seethingly said

"Did she do something? Like, maybe she was scolded."

Jisoo shook her head, "As far as I know, she didn't."

"Was she already like this yesterday?"

We shook our head. When we heard a door opening, we all pretended to do something instead of talking in hushed voices.

We saw Jennie emerge from her room, her smile was now showing. Back to her usual cute self.

When we were all watching a movie, we eyed her curiously.

"You all might melt me." Our eyes widened at the same time and averted our gazes away from her.

"I can feel all of you boring a hole in the side of my head. What's up?"

Jisoo reached for her hand and squeezed it. My eyes lingered on it for a second before looking at Jennie.

"Is there something wrong, Jenduekie? What did the rat tell you?"

She eyed us and she gave us her biggest smile, but both her eyes were still the same size.

Fake. Fake. Fake. You're lying, Jennie Kim.

"It was nothing, unnie. He just told me some things that I should focus on next time. But other than that, I'm fine."

"No. You are not. You're fidgeting, Jennie. Your lips are shaking. Your eyes are darting everywhere when I try to capture your gaze. What is wrong? Are you okay?"

I wanted to tell her everthing I noticed but I couldn't. They may not believe me or Jennie could just deny.

I don't want to force people into telling me things because I know how hard it is for them to open up. I sighed. This isn't considered as lying, right?

I guess they bought her reasons because when the night came and we were making tanghulus (skewered candied fruits) everything was back to normal.

We heard the countdown and the fireworks display already started, we huddled together on the couch outside and watched until the clock struck 12.

"Happy new year, everyone!" We shouted at the same time. When everything calmed down, we gathered on the veranda and told each other our new year's resolution.

Chaeyoung and Jisoo unnie were busy eating and I was beside Jennie. Still watching the night sky.

"Happy new year, Nini."

"Happy new year, Lisa."

After an hour or so, we packed up everything and decided to call our families. Chaeyoung and Jisoo excused themselves already and I was also about to exit when I heard Jennie call me.

She was still looking far beyond, a dazed expression was on her face. She looked lost, like her mind was wandering somewhere far.

"Hey, Lisa." She momentarily glanced at me, then sighed.

"Yes?"

"Do you think this year would be a good one?"

I beamed at her, "Of course. As long as the four of us are together then, it'll be a good one."

She gave me a halfhearted smile. What's really wrong, Jennie? Tell me. Please.

She didn't talk anymore so I decided to get inside but before I could open the door, I heard her whisper.

"I hope it'll be a good one. Oh dear God, please let me breathe. Help me survive." And on the reflection of the glass door, I saw her wipe away something from her face.

And then, her body started to shake and I heard silent sobs coming from her. She's silently crying.

My heart clenched at the sight and I decided to give her privacy. If she didn't want anyone to see her cry then I'll pretend I didn't see anything.

I slept with a heavy heart and with questions on my mind. However, when I woke up and grabbed my phone, the reason was already there staring at me.

I lost my grip, letting my phone fall on my lap and I stared at it, wide eyed.

Why are my eyes wet and my heart's aching? Why do I feel like this? I hit my chest multiple times to relieve the pain but why isn't it going away?

Was this what you mean, Jennie?

"Dispatch News: Blackpink member Jennie Kim, and EXO's Kai: confirmed to be dating."