Battle On!: Dawn's POV

Start from the beginning

"So, can we have our battle now?" Paul asked gruffly and Hau smiled.

"Sure thing! A Kahuna battle is a three-on-three battle. I actually have six pokemon with me, so after Paul's battle do you want to go against me, Dawn?" he asked and I blinked in surprise.

"Uh.. let's see how much energy you have left after you face Paul," I replied hesitantly and Paul nodded at me once, not in gratitude exactly but it seemed he approved of my logic.

"Sure thing. Well then, Paul, are you ready?" Hau asked with a confident smile. 

As a response, Paul turned away from him and headed to his position on the left side of the battlefield. Hau lifted an eyebrow at me in a silent complaint and I giggled quietly. Shrugging his shoulders at me Hau went and took his spot on the other side of the battlefield and looked over at me.

"Will you act as the referee, Dawn?" Hau asked me. I blinked in surprise but nodded in agreement, taking my spot on the outside edge of the battlefield.

"Alright, Paul, let's see what you've got," Hau said with a grin and Paul glared at him with a look that bordered contempt. 

However, as far as I knew Paul was at a disadvantage when it came to typings. He wouldn't be able to use Rockruff since her moves wouldn't be very effective, and as far as I knew neither Torterra nor Torracat knew any super-effective moves against fighting types. Yet Paul still acted as confident as always so I held up my arm, waiting for them each to send out their first pokemon.

Hau selected a Pokeball and tossed it, releasing a hulking Machoke who yelled a battle cry and I jumped slightly in surprise. For some reason, I hadn't thought Hau would use such a powerful pokemon in a Kahuna battle. Paul just smiled and sent his Torracat out, who hissed threateningly at the opposing Machoke. 

After making sure both sides were ready I lowered my hands, declaring "Battle begin!" in a loud voice and taking a step back.

Paul wasted no time in calling for a Fire Fang. Torracat burst into action, taking long, powerful strides across the sand and opening his mouth, creating teeth out of fire that stretched taller than his head was wide and aimed directly for the Machoke that hadn't moved an inch.

"Grab him and use Seismic Toss!" Hau said with a wide grin. 

Machoke lifted one arm, taking the Fire Fang directly but reached down and gripped Torracat's foreleg, heaving him up over his head and smacking him back down into the ground. Torracat yeowled in pain but was up and shaking sand off of himself within seconds.

"Keep pushing, Torracat! Use Double Kick on his leg!" Paul demanded. 

Once again Torracat became a red and black streak as he ran behind Machoke and delivered a powerful kick to the back of the Pokemon's knee, causing him to drop with a grunt of pain.

"Use Revenge," Hau said with his signature smile. The machoke's eyes glowed red as he pulled back a huge fist, aiming for Torracat's hindquarters.

"Dodge it!" Paul yelled. 

I watched in shock as Torracat did a backflip up and over Machoke as his fist smacked harmlessly into empty sand. As Torracat landed though he got his footing easily and as Paul called for a "Lick" attack, he jumped forward, raking a ghostly tongue up Machoke's leg.

Machoke shuddered in disgust and swiped its good leg out, clipping Torracat's cheek as he tried to jump out of the way. Torracat went down, but sprang back up, glaring at the bigger pokemon and slinking back and forth, awaiting instructions from Paul.

"Use Low Sweep again, Machoke," Hau called after Paul made no move to give Torracat an attack. Machoke charged forward, limping noticeably but seeming to not care about its injured leg.