I feel a tear trickle down my cheek and I nod my head and whisper back,

"I think we are."

~

*Mika's POV*

My guards are idiots. They come up to me at the worst times to tell me what's going on with my female prisoners. I'm currently trying to cuddle my sleeping Yuu-chan, and they're making me irritated really quickly.

"Please," I say with a frustrated sigh. "Just make sure that the girls don't escape their hospital room. And check up on Kimizuki, okay?"

"What about Yoichi, sir?"

"Lacus is handling that." They nod. They turn to leave, but then pause.

"Sir?" The tallest asks.

"Hm?"

"They're thirsty." I frown.

"Who?"

"The girls." I let out a small sigh.

"Give them some blood stocked in the fridge."

"Which one, sir?" The other asks.

"In the second floor kitchen." They nod quickly and hurry out of the room to carry on my orders. Hopefully they do it right.

There's shifting next to me and I can't help but smile and look down at my precious princess. He looks so peaceful when he's asleep, with his long lashes dusting his rosy cheeks and his feathery hair bouncing anytime he changes positions.

I reach out a hand to gently tousle his hair and play with the soft strands. I bite my lip and accidentally draw blood—a habit of mine.

There was a reason that I staged the deaths of Mitsu and Shinoa. It was to force Yuu-chan into submission. Of course, I'm not that cruel. I'd never just kill them off like that. But turning them into vampires is enough of a punishment I suppose. Since they hate us so much, well...now they're one of us.

And my plan worked because soon I had both girls recovering in the hospital with vampire blood coursing through their veins, courtesy of mwah.

They'll be okay, I guess. And Yuu-chan doesn't have to know that they're alive yet. I want him to believe that I killed them for just awhile longer, until I can at least be sure that he'll obey me at all times.

Speaking of Yuu-chan, my angel starts to shift again and he lets out a cute yawn, his eyes fluttering open. When he sees me, he flinches, like he normally does. I sigh.

"Hello, my love. Did you sleep well?" I politely greet him as I brush his bangs away from his eyes. He gulps.

"Um...I guess." He whispers. I smile.

"That's good to hear," I pull the blankets up to his chin when I notice him shivering. "Are you cold? Should I get another blanket?" He nods his head weakly.

"Please."

"I'll be right back," I stand up and walk over to my dresser. Inside the top drawer is a stack of warm blankets ready to go. I grab one and make my way over to the bed again. Unfolding it, I gently lay it down over Yuu's shivering body. "Better?" He nods his head, then catches himself and quickly replies,

"Yes." I bite my lip, lighter this time so I don't draw blood.

"Yuu-chan, it's okay. I'll give you a break from the rules until you've fully recovered, alright?" He nods weakly. I smile and lean down to kiss his forehead gently. He shudders, which I expect. My goal is to prevent that from happening in the future.

I get up and walk over to the door. Yuu watches me go with careful eyes. I know he's cautious of me now, even though he was before. But now it seems as though he is trying to calculate my next move, like I'll hurt him or something. If he keeps behaving like he is now, I have no reason to.

"I'll be right back, okay?" I say gently. Yuu swallows nervously.

"Where are you going?" He whispers, his voice slightly hoarse. I smile comfortingly at him.

"To get you some food and water. Does that sound okay?" He nods. "Good. Just give me a couple of minutes." I hurry out of the room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

~

*Yuu's POV*

It's odd, really. Seeing Mika be all nice to me. He had returned from the kitchen with a bowl of warm Thai soup and a glass of water. Currently, he's spooning the soup into my mouth while also giving me the water.

I never expected to be treated like this by Mika after everything that's happened these past couple of days. Life has been literal Hell. Maybe things are starting to look up?

Two of your best friends are dead, one is suffering as a vampire, and the other is quarantined to their room. How can you think that?

I shake the thought away immediately. My conscious is right. How can I possibly think that things are looking up? Just when I start to be okay around Mika, he will hurt me again like he did before. Or I'll do something really small that will trigger him into going into another killing spree.

"Yuu-chan? I asked you a question." I snap out of my thoughts quickly at the sound of Mika's soft voice.

"W-What?" I stutter out nervously, hoping that he's not mad at me for zoning out.

"I asked if the soup tasted good." I nod my head quickly and he gives me a small smile.

He then reaches out and brushes my hair away from my eyes. He's being so gentle and tender with me that I can't help but close my eyes and relax a little. I know I shouldn't, considering the fact that he's a psychopathic murderer, but I can't stop myself. I just let it happen, too weak and tired to fight my emotions.

This makes Mika glow with happiness. He smiles brightly at me.

"I hope you're feeling better, Yuu-chan." He leans down and kisses the top of my head, before kissing down the side of my face, and eventually my lips. He doesn't force his tongue in my mouth, but instead he gives me a gentle kiss before pulling back. Short and sweet—no French kissing. For some reason, I kind of like it.

But I shouldn't.

He then smiles down at me once more before saying softly,

"Yuu-chan, I need to tell you something." I gulp and look up at his sparkling eyes that are thankfully not red, but instead their pretty blue colour.

"W-What?" I whisper. Curse this stupid stutter. Mika takes a deep breath.

"I want to get married." I blink.

"Huh?"

"Yuu-chan, I want to make you my queen."

~

A.N. Please vote and comment! I'M SORRY I TOOK SO LONG. I HAVE SO MUCH GOING ON AND EXAMS ARE NEXT WEEK AND THE WEEK AFTER SO I'VE BEEN STUDYING. SCHOOL IS LITERAL HELL. But summer is finally here! Two more days of school left and only four exams, then I'm free~

Thanks so much for reading! And wow, over 20k reads!! WHAT?! I didn't expect this! This story isn't even that good haha. Thank you so much for all of the support!

And thank you for your patience. I know I'm a literal bitch for making y'all wait this long. Please forgive me my lovely Beauities~

I love you all so much! :) xx

~Nia :D xoxo