22

Finding Yuu

*Yuu's POV*

"No." I cross my arms and turn away. Mika frowns.

"You don't want me to make you dinner?" He looks hurt, but I don't care.

"I said no." Mika sighs and pulls a stool up next to me, sitting down. It's late and Mika has been trying to get me to talk to him for the past couple of hours. It's obviously not working. I won't let him try to act like everything's okay.

"Please? Look, I said I was sorry!" I scoot my stool away from him.

"That doesn't make up for anything." Mika takes my hand and holds it close.

"How can I make it up to you?" I frown.

"By letting me go." Now it's Mika's turn to frown.

"Yuu-chan, are you serious? Why would you say that? Do you think I'm just going to release you?" I stand up, yanking my hand back, crossing my arms and glaring at him. Now I'm pissed.

"Why am I even here, huh?! Why?" Mika runs his hands down his face tiredly.

"We've been over this, Yuu." My face hardens.

"I don't care! I don't f^^king care! I'm sick of this!" Mika stands up, reaching for me, but I back away until my back hits the wall. "No no no."

"I love you, Yuu-chan. That's why."

"How?? WE HAD JUST MET THAT DAY AND YOU ALREADY LOVED ME AND WANTED TO KIDNAP ME??"

"I KNEW YOU ALL YOUR LIFE! YOU JUST DIDN'T KNOW ME." I freeze. Did he just say what I think he said? Mika's skin pales, his eyes turning red. "Oh no. No no no no no. I didn't mean that...i-it was a joke! I swear it!"

My skin turns green. He's known me all my life? What the hell is that supposed to mean??

I turn around and run towards the door just outside of the kitchen. If what he said is true, that means he's been stalking me all my life and I haven't even known it! I need to get out of here.

"Yuu-chan get back here right now!" Mika demands behind me.

I don't listen.

I'm so close to the door, freedom is right there—I can almost taste it—

~

*Shinoa's POV*

"So this is the vampire realm?" Mitsu asks, swallowing nervously. I rub my hands together and gaze down at the map that Yoichi is currently holding for me. We took turns.

"Yup." Kimi says. We're all very nervous. In our heads, this sounded like a great idea and an amazing plan. Now that we are actually staring at the realm, though, it all feels pretty stupid. How can four humans save another human from a vampire king in the middle of a vampire infested area?

"We should've thought this through more." I say quietly. Yoichi frowns.

"We did. And we made the right decision. Do you ever want to see Yuu again? To have him live with us and be somewhat safe again?" I sigh.

"Yes, I do."

"Same here." Mitsu chimes.

"I miss the little punk." Kimi adds. Yoichi straightens up.

"Good. Because so do I! But we won't be able to see him again if we don't at least try to save him. Don't you think he would be so grateful and happy if we came and got him?" We all nod. "Exactly. He would be so excited to come home. We need to do this. No, we HAVE to. For Yuu." We all clap.