0.14

I was the first to wake up the next morning which is surprising since it's always Brendon who wakes me up. I also got home late so it didn't make sense.

He was getting ready while I drank some coffee. I took a pain killer once I woke up. I don't need to be limping at all. I took a bite out of my toast and he walked into the living room with a box.

"Ready." He said and I nodded.

"Want to eat?"

"No, we're running late."

"No, we're not." I said and he narrowed his eyes checking his time.

"We're early." He stated. I nodded and he sat down. I slide over the plate of toast to him and got up.

"Milk and sugar?"

"Yes, please." He said and I nodded. I didn't get much sleep but it didn't matter.

"It was scary last night." He said and I chuckled.

"Why?"

"Well, I was here alone."

"I came back."

"Yeah, but um, the place was so dark and lonely, especially with your type of decorating." He said and bit his lip.

"Sorry."

"No, it's fine. Just thought it– it's not even important so I don't know why I told you." He chuckled.

"It is, any stuff you want me to take down that scare you?" I asked looking around.

"Well, it all seems harmless now but at night that fucking monkey scared me." He said and pointed at the realistic monkey head in the living room. I chuckled and he took a sip of his coffee.

"Why do you have so much taxidermy? It's scary and weird."

"I grew up loving taxidermy. My father had lots of it at home and I always thought it was cool, even as a kid." I shrugged and he blinked.

"I didn't mean to call it weird but I just think it's insane how you have it all over the house."

"You've gotten real comfortable." I said and he narrowed his eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want you judging my decorating when you stay here without paying rent or much of anything for that matter." I said and grabbed my toast before getting up and taking my keys. "I'll be waiting in the car." I said and walked out the door.

I didn't think much on what I said. It's the truth. He doesn't pay anything. He eats my food, sometimes uses my clothes and I need to be some uber driver for him since he doesn't have a car. I've given him so much of my money and continue to give it to him and all he has to say is that my decorating is insane? Especially the monkey?

After a few minutes I saw him walk towards the car. He wiped his nose getting in with his box. He put his belt on and faced the window. I drove to the diner and was glad I had the radio on or else it would've been so awkward.

We arrived at the diner and saw some workers were already there. I got out of the car and I saw Brendon going inside. I went in and he set the box on a table.

"I got aprons for all of you and some shirts since I've always loved uniforms." He said and not everyone was excited for the uniforms. Not even I was and I'm not the one wearing them. I'm sure he wasted money on uniforms.

I saw Pete was already here. He was sitting down in a chair with his chin at the palm of his hand. He was tired and sleepy, I can tell.

"Hey, buddy." Brendon said and looked at Pete. He blinked rapidly and looked back at him.