31

Shannel

The next morning when she awoke, Calum was no longer laying beside her but sitting up on the edge of the bed staring down at his phone. She smiled though he did not see it, with his back towards her, his hair neatly back in place and his boxers back on his legs.

She yawned, moving closer to his side before she too sat up and held the bed sheets over her chest, keeping her covered. He realised she was awake but was too busy texting to acknowledge anything. Her warm hands slid down his chest as she sat behind him, planting a gentle kiss on his shoulder.

"Morning." She whispered, turning her head to smile at him.

He stopped texting and looked at her, smiling before pecking her nose. "Hey."

"Sleep well?" She nodded, weakly smiling at him as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Did you?" He nodded, wiggling his eyebrows at her, causing her to laugh.

"So what are you doing?" She asked, sighing as her arms slithered back and began gently rubbing his back with her chin on his shoulder.

There was a few seconds of silents before Calum spoke up "Uh...just texting Luke. He was asking where i was."

"What did you tell him?" She asked him out of curiosity, nothing more.

"That i stayed at a friends." His answer sounded innocent, yet he still felt guilty.

"Oh." To say the least, it was not the reaction she had been expecting.

"I just thought i should say that becau-"

"Because you don't want to tell him it was me." Hurt laced her voice. She backed away from him, gathering the bed sheet and wrapping it around her body as she began making her way off the bed.

"No....no..it-it's just becau-"

"It's okay i get it, don't worry. It's not like i haven't heard it before." She was more upset than anything, of course how could you expect her not to be. Though on the outside she was making it sound as if Calum didn't mean much to her, he knew exactly how much he meant.

She climbed off the bed, searching for her undergarments scattered on the floor, choosing to deliberately ignore Calum's voice of reason, acting as if he was not even in the room.

"Look i'm sorry, i just...i dunno, i didn't think he needed to know." He sighed, following behind her, running his hands through his hair frustratedly.

"No of course not, because nobody needs to know do they? Nobody needs to know that you slept with a prostitute." She snapped, turning to face him.

"That's not what it's about."

"Of course it's not." She rolled her eyes, making her way to the bathroom when he stopped her, taking ahold of her arm and forcing her to look at him.

"It's not. And you know that."

"Then why didnt you tell him?"

"Because, its none of his business."

He sighed. "Shannel, you know that i care about you. You think i just..make love to people for no reason?. I care about you and i like you." He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. "I really do."

Though she believed him, a small part of her contained skepticism. She needed proof, proof that she was not just some secret, or a bit on the side.

"Prove it."

Sighing in defeat he reached a hand up to tuck a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

"How?"

She thought about the question and planned the answer perfectly. She knew it would hurt if she did not get the answer that she wanted, but she also knew that it was necessary to do this, to prove that she meant something to Calum.

"Tell your friends about us."

Looking into his eyes, her heart began to race. It became a sort of..staring contest, each one of them trying their hardest to ensure they would win.

He won ...of course, leaning in to kiss her lips and pulling her close to him as she closed her eyes before he whispered to her.

*

*

"Alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IT'S BEEN A WHILE BUT HEEEEYYYY.

DONT ASK ME WHEN THE NEXT UPDATE IS COZ IDEK OKAY.

JUST FOCUSE ON THIS BECAUSE IT'S HAPPENING, HE'S GOING TO TELL THE DUDDEEEZZZ.

ILY THANKS SO MUCH FOR OVER 50K MOTHER OF CALUM THAT IS FUCKIN INSANE ILY SO MUCH OMG

-S