Datapads and love letters

Fandom: Star Wars

Pairing: Reader x Armitage Hux

Warnings: None.

A/N: It's dumb and it's soft and I wanna write more Hux fics, I might do a "lemony" part two (oh god how I hate the word) but hey who knows?

Word Count: 3.6k

-

He writes a love letter to you, it's harmless. It's meant to be harmless. He needs to get his feelings out but he doesn't want anyone to know. His feelings though they are about you are his own feelings, they are private and he wants to keep it that way.

He knows you like him, "like" being a term he isn't sure how to define when it comes to you. You like Kylo Ren the Supreme Leader who is also your "master", you like Phasma your only high ranked friend and you like any stormtrooper that doesn't slump their shoulders when you walk past them. Liking him doesn't necessarily mean anything spectacular. Not to say he isn't grateful for it, at least you don't hate him.

He knows he's a bit older than you, he's your co-worker, though you're both Generals in title so at least he isn't your superior, he holds no power over you and he likes that. You make him feel powerless.

He grabs his Datapad and opens up a private note and starts typing.

He starts with your name but quickly erases it and starts over. If this got out by even a chance he didn't want it traceable to you so easily as to write your name on it.

He dims the brightness of his screen, holds it close as he types and pours his heart out. When he's done he goes to delete it but Millicent spills his glass of water on the bed he is currently sat in making him jump up to fix the mess. Before he can get back to what he was doing there are Stormtroopers at his door and he's so busy, so focused on work that he leaves it there. But it should be safe in his living space, a private note like that should be perfectly secure in his private quarters.

But he forgot that today was a scheduled cleaning day, the cleaning droids and sanitation troopers with high clearance would be there any minute, they'd have to move the Datapad and with the screen just remaining open like that, how could they not accidentally read such soft emotional words and be so curious to read more, especially on the cold and mean Generals Datapad.

The trooper sent it to his friend, he took a picture of the screen with his own Datapad and it wasn't supposed to spread around as quickly as it did but before Hux even gets to the meeting he was going to everyone with a Datapad at their fingertips has seen it.

Everyone except for him and you.

You're too busy with your current conversation with Phasma, the only thing distracting you as she glances down at her Datapad to read the email she was just sent is the fact that Hux just sat down across from you. You offer him a courteous smile as if you hadn't noticed the second he walked into the room. As if you hadn't wished he would have sat down beside you and started a conversation as easily as Phasma had.

She's still distracted by her tablet so you think of something to say to him.

"Usually you're the first one to show up at meetings." You comment casually, not wanting him to think you're chastising him for being later than usual, which still wasn't late at all.

"I was a bit busy, paperwork and such," he offers in response, a wave of his hand as he sips his coffee.

Before you can think of anything else to say Kylo Ren Speaks from behind his mask, his deep voice unable to be quiet at all. "Paperwork?"