Chapter 1

Clarke wasn't sure how she got there. Right in front of her was the entrance to the mountain which she had just kill everyone living inside it for the past century in just under a minute. Still her feet took her inside like it has a mind of its own. At first it was a just a few bodies but she knew she would be seeing her worst sin ever just few more doors down.

Soon she got to the fifth level. She knew she shouldn't be here and most definitely not where her feet was leading her to, but she still couldn't bring herself to stop. What kind of person is she, if she couldn't even looked at what she herself had done? What kind of person does something like that? She tried to take some comfort by thinking she had no other choice, that she had to save her mother, that she had to save her friends. But what she was seeing in front of her made her a monster and not a saviour her people sees her as. How is saving her mother or her friends life worth more than the children she had killed. How is she going to justify what she had done? How will she even find peace? Who will she make up to, to repay for what she had done? Who will punished her for her crimes? Does she even deserve to live? Will she be able to compensate the life she had taken even if she is given the chance to compensate?

She remain rooted at the door of the dining hall with tears in her eyes, her heart aching, her head screaming. Soon she starts moving again after what felt like hours. She soon found herself inside the Dr. Tsing's lab. The lab from which grounders came out as Reapers, the lab where the grounder's blood being drained are used as a cure, the lab where her friend's and mother's bone marrow were being extracted, the lab which made her end an entire civilization to save hers. There too lay a few burned guards. The chains and probes tainted by her peoples blood, the drill still untouched where it fell from the doctor's hand just a few meters away from where he lay dead.

A tag caught the interest of her eyes. A tag that says "Radioactive" was struck to a small confinement storage box. Inside it was a syringe with a dark red colour liquid. A file was just beside the vial and "The Cure" was written at the bottom of it. Opening the containment box, she retrieve the file and flip it open. It was a report of test conducted for the cure. The red liquid was designed to allow the mountain men to withstand the radiation, but was too radioactive itself that the test subjects died before the cure starts working. They had even used grounders as test subjects and even those didn't survive. There were pictures of the test subjects which were exactly like the ones that was laying around her. All burned beyond recognition. Looking at it now, her mind couldn't think of anything else other than how it would be fitting for her to lay amongst all these fallen, leaving behind the world of the living exactly the same way as them. She didn't even realised when she had gotten a hold of the syringe, but there it was in her hands ready to condemn her for what she did.

Tears which had stop just a few minutes before starts falling again. She was surprise there was even any left to fall considering how it hadn't stopped falling since the commander left her to die. She whispers silent apologise to her dad, her mom, her friends and all those innocent people she had killed since she had landed on the ground. With the tears blurring her vision, she didn't know how but random shadows of all those she had killed starts appearing in the room. They all stood there looking at her, their expressions all blank. After saying a final sorry to them, she injected the vial into her arm. Instantly, her inside started boiling up and soon her skin started burning. Her legs soon gave up. She tried hard not to scream, but she couldn't hold it in even if she tried. After giving out a howl from the excruciating pain she felt, her world goes dark.

****

Clarke wasn't sure she was dead or alive. That uncertainly soon change when she felt her whole body aching and her head pounding. Soon she could feel herself lying on a fur and her right side felt warmer. She isn't dead. Why is she not dead? She didn't have much time to duel on it further as she was now sure she wasn't dead and definitely not inside the mountain. Her eyes flustered open then, and she tried to take in her surroundings. She felt a tingling sensation that told her she wasn't alone. She slowly turned towards the person who was with her and saw Lincoln looking at her with concern in her eyes.