@LipsThatLied

LipsThatLied

1) "Name?"

Katelyn, but on here I go by Kate :)

2) "Age?"

I’ll be 20 next month, so it’s almost legal for me to buy wine yEET

3)" What are your hobbies?"

Besides writing, I love to read, paint, make playlists on Spotify, and cook for my friends. Every year for Thanksgiving, I make a full meal for my friends and we watch a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving in our pajamas :)

4) "When did you start writing and why?"

Well, back in the day, I had a 1D fan account on instagram, and I kept seeing people writing stories on there, so I decided I would try my hand at it. I love to imagine scenarios in my head all the time, and being able to read them back is just cool to me,

5) "Which was your first story generally?"

I should be put to death for this story honestly. It was called “Shot in the Dark,” and it starts where this girl who’s like sixteen gets shot by her boyfriend (I know smh), and who else but Harry Styles should find her? She stayed in the hospital for like twelve hours, the police were never called, and she ends up going home to live with one direction. I found the PDF of it in my email a few months ago and it was the most uncomfortable thing I’ve ever read in my life. Like the girl had no flaws, Niall was always hungry, Zayn’s only lines were “Vas happening,” and not only was she an elite gymnast, but she was almost an olympic-level swimmer. The worst part was I had a friend who was reading it and she was obsessed, like she thought it was *literature* like pls someone execute me immediately lol

6) "Do you write in some other website except Wattpad?"

Nope! Initially, I posted my writing on instagram, like in the comments and stuff, but around my third or fourth story, I found Wattpad and have been exclusively on here ever since.

7) "What has given you motive to keep on writing?"

I really do love writing, so that alone does keep me going most of the time. However, there are times I despise it, so in times like that, I’ve learned that I have to sit down and say, “You know what? I don’t care if you want to quit on this story. You’ve worked too hard on it not to finish, so sit your ass down and write something.” And even though doing that is extremely painful and frustrating, every time I’ve done it, I end up falling back in love with writing again. So I guess my motive is not allowing myself to quit if I start something.

8 )"Have you ever wanted to give up everything? (writing I mean)"

Absolutely. I did for a few years. I think I was fifteen or sixteen when I quit, and I didnt write again until last spring when I had my first college English class, and I realized how much I missed writing. So at that point, I made a new Wattpad account (the old one is still there lol) and just started writing again, and it has been the best decision ever.

9) "Which is your favorite story on Wattpad?"

Back in the day, I was absolutely obsessed with Psychotic bc the American Horror Story vibes were so strong. But this time around my favorite stories are Goldie by @fatbottomedgirls, anything by @heskindaharry, The Brave Ones by @oceanlyfe, Sasquatch by @lovealwaysvictoria, and With Every Beat of My heart by @delousional (This one made me cry fr). There are more, but those are some of my favorites!