Coma

Before the chapter starts, I just wanted to say sorry for the long wait. I know that no one is waiting for my story to have another update but I still feel bad. Anyways, enjoy!

---

Aaron's POV

I sit beside the bed and stare at the girl sleeping in it. She looks so peaceful and lifeless.

"Please wake up, Roni", I whispered.

I was the only one in the room with her. The others were still practicing but I finished already so I decided to go here. It's been 2 days since Roni almost died. I couldn't sleep for the past two nights. All I could think about is her. How I love the way she smiles. How I love the way she snorts at my jokes. How I love the way she smiles genuinely. How I love the way she sings to me just to comfort me when I should be the one comforting her. I sigh and feel a tear going down my cheek. I stared at the lifeless-looking body in front of me.

"Please wake up, Roni. I need you", I said, voice cracking, eyes teary and body shaking.

I hear the door open and I wipe my tears away and look at the person who entered the door.

"Hey", Nessa said as she smiled sadly at me.

I nodded at her and kept looking at Roni.

"Is she still asleep?", she asked and sat at the oposite side if the bed.

"Yeah", I said while holding Roni's hand.

She sighs and looks at me.

"You love her don't you?", Nessa asked me.

I was shocked but in reality, I shouldn't be. It really was obvious. The way I look at her. The way I smile when she replies to my text messages. The way I laugh when she struggles in playing basketball. The way I hold her hand when I help her up.

I smile at the thoughts that run inside my head then another tear falls from my eye. I know she's just in a coma but I can't help but think the 'what ifs'. What if something bad happens and she ends up dying. What if she gets an attack and her coma lasts longer. She's literally in a life and death situation! I can't lose her. I really can't. I'm full on crying right now. Nessa looked at me and frowned.

"Hey, don't cry", she said.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm s-sorry that I coul-dn't protect her. I'm sorry th-at I le-left her alone. I'm very very so-rry that... that I wasn't godd enough f-for her", I'm crying loudly now.

"Hey, it's alri-", Nessa was cut off by the opening of the door.

"Hey br- why are you crying?", Alex said as he ran up to me.

He knelt down and took my hands away from my face. He looked at my face. His eyebrows furrowed and his lips curved to make a frown.

"W-why?", I asked, still crying.

He gave me a mirror and I looked in it. My eyes were red. And I mean red. My lips were swollen. My face was red. My hair was really messy and the collar of my shirt was a little wet.

"Aaron, you look horrible", Nessa said.

"No sh*t sherlock", I said.

"Don't curse, Burriss", Paul said.

"Sorry, sir", I said and looked down.

"What's wrong, Aaron? You never curse", Alex asked.

I sighed and looked at Roni. Another tear falls on my face as I hold her hand and carress it.