Searching

Athena's POV

I rushed out of the house to see a scooter. I use it as the others follow behind me with the car. Suddenly, I get a scent. I follow it then I look behind to check if the guys are following me. They are. I keep track of the scent and follow it. After a few minutes of tracking it down. The scent leads me to the forest.

I signal the guys to follow behind me as I walk into the trees. We all creep into the trees until it was dark enough. "Why did you bring us here?", Nessa asks. "I followed a scent and it lead me here", I tell her. "I can't see anything!", Lauren whisper-shouts. I grab some flashlights from my bag and give it to them. It wasn't a problem with me because I already had night vision. "Okay, let's go", I whispered as they followed me. We keep on walking through the dark and creepy forest until we reach a shack. "Should we go in?", Paul asked me. I nod in return. "Okay. So here's the plan. First, I will go in and check if the coast is clear. Then, Aaron and Alex will go in through the back to help Roni out. Also Nessa and Lauren will help me find the kidnapper. Paul, you can look out for anything or anyone that can possibly be a part of this. Sound good?", I say as they all nod. "Good, let's go!", I tell them as I go in first.

I sneak in and look for tracks of any other life form in the shack. Nothing.. No signal of any life form other than spiders and bugs. Ew... I signal Aaron to go to the back first then Alex. " Guys! The coast is clear. Go in", I whisper to Lauren and Nessa as they do what I say. They hold onto my arms while shaking and follow me into a room that looks like an office. I see... a computer.. it has a bunch of wires and USBs connected to it. "What is this place???", Nessa asked. "I don't know but it's scary! At the same time very interesting", Lauren said while stroking her chin. Then all of a sudden I hear whispering. "Guys! Listen", I tell them as I listen to what the people were saying. "Aaron!" "Hold on Roni! We're gonna get you out of here" "Just don't make a sound!", Now I see. It's Alex, Aaron and Roni. "Guys. It's them! They found Roni", I tell them, "Where is she!?", Nessa whisper-shouts. I signal them to follow me and I keep walking and following the sound of them talking. It lead us to a door that has a sign on it. It says "Do not open door! Strictly, members only", Even if it said that, I didn't listen. And that choice was right! I slowly open the door and see Aaron, Roni, and Alex all in a group hug. "Roni!", Nessa says, "Alice!!!", Lauren whisper-shouts. We all get into a group hug but Roni pulls away. "Who's this?", she asks, pointing to me. "Oh! This is Athena. She helped us find you", Nessa states, "What? How?" "Stop asking questions. I'll explain later. For now, we'll need to get out of here", I cut her off as I walk out the door.

Once we reach the outdoors we see Paul holding a pair of scissors. "Daddy!", Roni says, "Roni", Paul said as he ran towards her and gave her a hug, dropping the pair of scissors of course. "Guys! Let's go. I can sense some human life forms approaching us in a large vehicle", I say as they nod and get into the car. As I go in, I suddenly blurt out, "Why am I speaking so formal all of a sudden?", they laugh at me, I laugh too. Paul starts driving. I finally explain to Roni what happened and after that she gave me a hug and whispers a 'thank you' to me. We all keep talking and talking until we reached the house. Suddenly, we saw a dark figure approaching the car. I look closer to see...

To be continued...