CH 6: The Beta And A Demon Fly

“I’m sorry, I forgot to explain to the pack why you’re here,” Liam murmured out sheepishly to Juliet as he lead her back to her room.

“Its okay,” Juliet lied, when in reality she was quite upset. The dinner had been one of the most awkward she’d ever had, and asides from that, with all the gazes fixated so intently on her she had been to self conscious to each much of anything. Leaving her feeling a mixture of embarrassment, and hunger.

Liam could sense that she was lying, but said nothing nonetheless. “We can have breakfast up in my office tomorrow, around seven,” Liam told her, “we can talk about the deal or something,”

“That sounds great,” Juliet replied back, this time meaning what she said. She’d been dreading having to go through the same experience during dinner again, so Liam’s words were quite a relief to hear.

“Great,” Liam grinned, flashing another one of his most charming smiles at Juliet. Unfortunately for him, Juliet had already gone into her room, unaware that their conversation had not yet ended.

                                                          -----

Ethan had been waiting inside of Liam’s office for a while now, at first he had been sitting in Liam’s leather armchair, with his arms crossed and a stern expression on his face. He’d stayed like this for a few minutes, up until a fly had suddenly appeared inside the room, and at the sight of the insect Ethan had completely flipped. He’d bolted out of the chair and hid behind the couch, taking off one of his shoes to kill the tiny demon.

By the time Liam finally arrived, the couch had been tipped over, his lamp was in left in shatters in the corner and Ethan was screaming in triumphant at an opened window. Needless to say, Liam was both confused and angry at the sight of all this. “What the hell did you do!?” Liam demanded angrily, having half a mind to choke the idiot before him.

“I got ride of a demon for you, your w-AAHHHHH,” the fly had reappeared, zipping back inside the room through the window which Ethan had failed to close. “Dude, kill it, just fucking kill it!” Ethan cried out, bolting away from the fly as it zipped madly around him.

Letting out a sigh, Liam grabbed the can of Raid bug spray he kept in his drawer and sprayed it at the fly. The fly staggered in the air for a moment, before falling down onto the floor where Ethan was quick to squash it to death with his shoe. “Take that!” Ethan cried out as he continued to squish the fly, taking a few more whacks before finally stopping.

“Ethan, what are you doing in here?” Liam asked as pushed the couch pack onto its legs.

“Waiting for you,” Ethan explained.

“Why?”

“You said you’d explain later, remember?” Ethan reminded Liam.

“Oh, right,” Liam sighed out, “Where to begin..?” Liam questioned to himself aloud, taking a seat in his armchair. Perhaps the first time he saw her would be a good place to start off from. Liam decided, and that’s from where he began to retell his story.

-----

“That was so embarrassing!” Juliet cried aloud to herself as she fell backwards onto the bed. She stared miserably up at the ceiling, contemplating why fate had been so cruel to her. “URRGGHH!” she cried as the memory of the dinner surfaced back up into her mind, sending another wave of embarrassment running through her.

She knew if this had happened to anyone else in her family, they would’ve handled it much better than her.

Her aunt Felicity would’ve reveled in all the attention and spun out a few magic tricks made to impress, and her cousin Onyx, would’ve sneakily directed the attention onto someone else. They all would’ve done someone, anything! But no, she had just sat there like an idiot! She was a joke. Juliet scolded herself miserably. The terribly unfunny joke of the Wicked family.

-----

“Dude, your such a creeper!” Ethan burst out laughing the moment Liam had finished explaining the Juliet situation to him.

“I am not,” Liam scowled back at his friend, taking high offense at the comment.

“Yes, you are,” Ethan continued to laugh, “I mean, you did all of this instead of just asking her out”

“I couldn’t just ask her out!” Liam cried out in his defense, throwing his hands up in the air for emphasis.

“Why not?” Ethan challenged, ceasing his laughter long enough to hear Liam’s reply.

“’Cause she would’ve said no..” Liam huffed out childishly, crossing his arms and staring down at the floor miserably. At this Ethan’s spasmodic laughter started up again.

“Creeper,” Ethan laughted once again.

“At least I can kill a fly,” Liam murmured, and at this Ethan was quick to come to his own defense.

“That was not a fly, it was a demon! A demon I tell you!!”

“Yeah, sure whatever,” Liam said with a roll of is eyes. Then suddenly, Liam’s demeanor turned serious. “Ethan, you have to promise not to tell anyone about this, understood? I don’t want them interfering”

“What? But-”

“Ethan,” Liam growled out, making it known he was leaving no room for discussion on this matter.

“Okay, fine. I promise, I won’t tell anyone about this,” Ethan said, placing a hand over his heart. “Werewolf’s honor,”

“Good,” Liam nodded, and with the conversation now over Ethan got up to leave. “Hey, aren’t you going to clean this up!?” Liam cried out as Ethan hurriedly made his way out the door.

“NOPE.” Ethan declared, taking one fleeting glance at the shattered lamp before bolting out the door. In his angered fit, Liam failed to notice the mischievous grin plastered on Ethan’s face as he left.