CH 3: Wicked Corp. The Worlds Only Magical Dealmakers

Liam was smitten. Love struck. Enamored. And whatever other word held the same definition as those. He found himself only able to stare at the girl, his eyes taking in every detail. 

Her long butterscotch blonde hair was tied back into a high ponytail, revealing a young face that was adorned by plump pink lips and chocolate colored eyes. She was at most, five foot six, and her skin was light holding the faintest hue of a fading tan to it. She was, for lack of a better word, lovely. 

“Um..” Juliet coughed a bit uncomfortably, wondering if she had frightened the werewolf speechless. Oh, please talk! Juliet silently begged the man. She so desperately wanted to get this deal and make her father proud of her. 

At the cough, Liam snapped out of the trance he had been lost in. “Sorry,” he rushed out, embarrassed by his actions. Never before had he acted so foolishly in front of a girl, but then again he’d never been so smitten by one either. Mustering up all his charm, he flashed Juliet a blinding smile motioning for her to sit. 

“Thank you,” Juliet replied back politely, relieved Liam was out from his state of shock. She smoothed down the wrinkles in her dress before sitting down the coach. 

“So, what do I owe the pleasure of this visit to?” Liam asked, still smiling. 

“I came here to offer you a deal,” Juliet replied back.

“A…deal..?” Liam questioned, his smile faltering and his eyebrows furrowing together in confusion. 

“Oh, yeah, the card,” Juliet mumbled to herself, her cheeks turning pink. “Here,” Juliet smiled, snapping her fingers. Liam watched in half-baked amazement as a swirl of glittering mist wrapped around her hand and solidified into a card. Juliet once again held out her hand, the card held out for Liam. 

Liam took the card, reading the neatly printed words on it carefully. 

Wicked Corp.

The Worlds Only Magical Dealmakers  

A sense a familiarity filled him as he read the words. Then it hit him like a bullet. The Wicked’s, one of the most powerful Witch/ Wizard families in the supernatural community. Had she said her name was Wicked? Liam wondered, trying to recall back to the beginning of their conversation, but it was shrouded in a love struck haze. “You’re a Wicked?” Liam decided it was better to ask her than sit there like and idiot and wonder. 

“Yeah, I told you earlier. My names Juliet Wicked…” Juliet frowned, had he not been listening? Then she recalled the state of shock he’d been in a realized he probably hadn’t. 

“Not to be rude, but you don’t look like the notoriously power hungry and devious Wicked’s I’ve heard so much about,” Liam chuckled softly, resting his chin on the palm of his hand as he stared at the girl. 

“Thank you….I think?” Juliet replied back, unsure whether to take that as a compliment or not. Lets just assume it’s a compliment. Juliet decided, liking that option much better than the previous. 

“So, what deal are you here to offer up?” Liam smiled. 

“Oh, um..” Juliet found herself stumbling as she tried to recall the deal had told her to offer him “total magical protection of your territory for the rest of your life,” she remembered, and quickly rushed it out. Liam found himself smiling even more at how nervous she was. 

“And what do you want in return for this?” Liam asked her, feigning curiosity. If it had been anyone else, he would have taken huge offense at the offer and thrown them out the door. His pack was more than capable of protecting itself, without the use of witch magic. But as he’d stated before, this girl had smitten him, and he was willing to keep up this charade of interest if it meant he could stare at her longer. 

“Um..” Damn it. Her fathers words were once again lost, and Juliet stumbled again to recall them. Despite having gone over this for the past two hours, she still forgot. Oh, she was such a failure! Juliet chided at herself. “you'd have to by my families lackey,” was that what he father had said? Wait no! Damn it, her father had said ‘he’d have to be her lackey’. Oh, it was close enough. And without another though Juliet continued, “For the next ten years” 

“Ah, interesting,” Liam said, pretending to ponder over the offer despite the fact he already knew his answer. It was no. But if he said this, Juliet would leave. And he wasn’t quite fond of that idea. 

“So, is that a yes?” Juliet asked hopefully. 

“That’s an I don’t know,” Liam replied back, his mind conjuring up a scheme. Liam couldn’t and wouldn’t agree to this terrible deal, but if he said no, she would leave. But perhaps he could stall, get her to give him some time to ‘think’ over the deal when in fact he’d be wooing her. Liam found himself pleased with the idea, so he continued on. “I need some time to think, this is a big deal, and I don’t just wanna jump on and say yes without thinking over it first,” 

“Oh, of course,” Juliet replied, a bit disappointed “I’ll leave then, to give yo-”

“Oh, no,” Liam rushed out quickly, “You can stay here,” the tiny details of his plan began to set into place inside of his mind. “Give me two weeks to think about it, and during that time you can stay here in the pack house, just in case I come to a decision early. That sound good to you?” 

If she were to be honest, the whole idea sounded more strange than good to Juliet. But she truly wanted to make this deal, so she held back her comment, put on a dazzling smile and replied back with a cheery, “Of course.”

“Wonderful,” Liam smiled back even wider. Liam was certain that by the end of these next two weeks, Juliet would be his mate.