Chapter 11. Abomination

Start from the beginning

Are you okay, Daniel? Why do you have to work so much? It's okay to take a little rest.

I opened my mouth as if to voice out my thoughts but shut them as soon as I did that.

What am I doing?! He can do whatever he wants. I'm no one to interfere with his life.

I didnt realise what I've been doing until Daniel raised one of his perfectly shaped brow giving me a questioning look making my cheeks burn.

I was staring at him like a hawk!

I bought my attention back on Ariel whose calculating eyes were observing me and Daniel as if to figure out what was going on between us.

Talk about being embarrassed.

The moment Ariel sensed my eyes on her, she turned to me with a curious expression,

"Something up with you two?" She asked eyeing me and Daniel.

"No!" We both replied simultaneously.

I glanced at Daniel who is already staring back at me before both of us turned our heads the other ways.

"Okay...." Ariel didn't look quite convinced by our answer but she let it go, "By the way, Ariana," her attention was now focused on me, "There's a sudden death case that took place near the borders which needs my immediate presence to monitor the situation. So, I wanted to inform you that I and James will be leaving now. We'll be taking Cami along with us since the matter will take at least a day to calm down. Also, because we are visiting James' hometown where we'll be staying for a few days. Don't worry though, Daniel will be here with you."

Oh... that means I'll be alone with Daniel for the next few days...

That was the first thing that clicked to my mind before all her other words sinked in.

Death near the borders. From what I know, the security is very tight near the borders than how can a person kill someone at that place under the eyes of so many royal guards?

I should be concerned about the matter, right?

But no, right now, what I'm really concerned about is that with Ariel and Cami gone, I won't have anywhere to hide from Daniel who I had been trying so badly to avoid. This is so bad!

Please don't go, Ariel. I know you're a queen and you have responsibilities to look after but please don't leave me alone with your arrogant brother. Take me along with you. I'll be your slave if needed.

I looked at her with puppy eyes but she didn't seemed to get it as she turned in Daniel's direction.

"Danny," Ariel's eyes softened looking at her brother. Their was a sense of worry and fear in her voice as she spoke further, "Will you be okay? It's full moon today. You know what that means. I wouldn't leave you alone if it wasn't important-"

"It's okay, Ariel. I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about me," he let a small smile slip on his lips which didn't quite reach his eyes, "Take care of yourself and Cami and even James."

"Of course," Ariel smiled before a serious expression took over her features, "Don't skip your meal today, Danny. If you keep doing this then it won't be easy for you," there was a kind of warning in her voice but soon it went the way it came.

Some of the things they said didn't quite make sense to me but it's okay and I don't have to know everything. Who am I to interrogate afterall?

Ariel kissed Daniel on his cheek muttering a 'bye' before walking towards me. Her footsteps halted when she was in front of me,

"Take care of my brother, Ariana," she gave me a warm smile and walked past me while I just managed to nod my head.

Once she was gone, I glanced at Daniel who was heading towards me.

Oh my...What does he want now?

I know I should just sprint off and stay away from him but for some reason, I couldn't. I stay rooted to the spot without moving an inch.

Before I could even utter a word, I heard the slam of a door. Did he just close the door on my face?

Yes, he did!

I answered to my brain and stormed off angrily towards the room.

______

I yawned lazily as I glanced at the clock for the hundredth time. It's 2 a.m. at night and Daniel is still not back. Ariel and James left with Cami few hours ago.

Isn't Daniel going to sleep? What's he doing so late at night?

It's none of my business. He can do whatever he wants. I shouldn't waste my sleep by thinking about him.

But what if he's with someone -a girl in particular- doing things with her at this hour of night....

What?! Was that really me who thought that? My, what's wrong with me?! From when did I become this way?

Damn you, Daniel! You're messing with my mind.

I got up from the couch and fixed the belts of my robe. Finally giving up on waiting for him, I exited the room and strode towards his study. When I neared the study, I heard growling and grunting sounds. There was also nobody in the corridor which is rather strange since there are always tons of servants wandering around in the corridors.

Without as much as a knock, I opened the door to his study. What I saw ahead shook me to the core.

Daniel's wrists were tied against the ceiling as he struggled to get rid of the huge metal chains that were clasped around his wrist. His upper body was free of clothing showing off his sexy abs and hot body. He only wore a tight black jeans. His head was bent low as I heard a deep and loud grunting voice as if the owner of the voice was in excruciating pain.

A gasp of fear escaped my mouth when he lifted his head up. His eyes shone brightly in a combination of golden and red.

There was only one type of specie which had the combination of golden and red eyes. The type of specie which is considered to be an abomination. A specie which is not accepted by any kind. Not even nature itself.

And Daniel is one of them.

He's a Hybrid.