Chapter 9- New Members

Start from the beginning

"He hasn't talked to you, I thought you weren't going to accept him." I say confused.

"I don't know... Its complicated." she huffs and I swallow a laugh. Its complicated was the same thing Charlie had said to me.

"He doesn't know what he's doing, I don't think he really ever came to terms with the whole mate thing. But maybe if you were to try and talk to him...it might help." I say hoping to save this unstarted relationship.

"Yeah,  maybe." she says hopelessly and with a sigh.

"Maybe. I never did get the chance to thank you guys for saving me. Please think about joining the pack." I say beginning to walk back to the bus that's engine had just started. "I think we've better get back to the bus."

"We'll think about it..." says Dave, and he and Izzy walk back to the bus. I was just turning to go as well when Leo caught my hand. I turned to face him and find him smiling.

"Yes?" I say lacing my fingers through his.

"If we were to be in the same pack we would get to do that mind thing right?" he says looking excited. I laugh.

"Yes, I suppose so." I say swinging our hands as we walk toward the bus. And taking a seat in the far back with Izzy and Dave.

The minute we walked on to the bus I knew that someone had been snooping in on our conversation. And all of my siblings knew that I had asked Leo and his friends to join our pack. And I could tell they didn't like it.

"Ryan could we talk to you on the top level." Charlie 'asked' through clenched teeth. The rest of my siblings and Angela behind him.

"Ah.... no thanks." I say with a nervous smile. Dad who was driving the bus out of the packing lot laughed. I turned and caught his gaze in the review mirror. The way his eyes were positioned I could tell he was smirking.

"He wasn't asking" says a livid looking Jess.

"I know but whatever it is we can talk about it at home and not on the drive home from the hospital where I almost died." I say trying to guilt them into taking it easy one me.

"Fine then at home." says Charlie and he, Jess and Angela retreated to the upper level.

"So I'm assuming you all know?" I ask, when Reeve and Noah sit down in the chairs next to me.

"Oh yes, Jess was going to get you guys when she heard some of the conversation." says Noah.

"Personally I think they are being over dramatic." says Reeve.

"Jess, Angela and Charlie are the only one's with any problem regarding the possibility of some new members?" I say hoping that there comfortable expressions mean that they are somewhat happy with the idea.

"Yup. I cant believe Angela would be though, I mean you guys are the reason Ryan and I are still breathing. Thank you for that by the way." Noah says directing the last part towards Izzy, Leo and Dave. I flinch when he mentions us dieing, Leo twirls his thumb in soothing circles on the back on my hand.

"Anytime." says Izzy.

"But for your safety I would suggest not getting in to near death experiences too often." says Dave. We all laugh. After an hour of laughing and goofing around I felt as through we would have some new members joining our pack very soon.

The minute we step off the bus I bolted toward the barn. I grabbed Luna's lead rope and went out to the field to catch her. I saw her grazing with Holy, Ross, Winston and Frost. And I feel a pang of guilt. I killed Dime. If only I had never went to that rodeo none of this would have happened. I whisled and when she saw me she cantered over along with the rest of them.