Chapter 8- Ex-rays

Start from the beginning

"Hey Ryan, are you okay? You're looking a little pale." says Reeve. And I look up at him gripping the sides of my wheel chair. Noah's face drained of all color when he saw my face. Or more so my grotesque scar.

"A basement." I say and Leo kneels down next to me again.

"Whats wrong with basements, Ry?" he asks prying my fingers off of the arm of my chair.

"We are in a hospital, with a basement, we are standing over dead bodies!" I say turning to face him my eyes wide. And everyone bursts out laughing.

"What is so funny?!" i say in a shrill voice.

"You watch way to much Criminal Minds, Ry. No we are not standing a on room full of bodies. Down stairs is just meant for storage." says Reeve holding his stomach and laughing. I could feel my my cheeks turning deep red.

"But that's okay, we love her anyway." says Jess. Smiling with her head turned the side.

"Harhar you are all so funny." I say rolling my eyes.

"Yup, we sure are." says Charlie.

"And you come by it honestly." says Dad.

"Whatever you say Yoda." I mummer.

"We really have to go and get these ex-rays done." says the wheel chair pushing nurse.

"Oh sorry, Leo can you wheel me out of here." I say.

"Of course" he replies, gliding us out into the brightly lit hallway.

"So I guess I'll see you later." I say awkwardly.

"Later" Noah says and him and his nurses, Angela, Dad and Charlie go with him. Leaving Jess, Reeve, Leo and I left standing in the hall.

"Now what?" I ask.

"Now we get you something to eat." say Leo.

"You want to eat the food here?" asks Reeve, his nose scrunched up a little

"Ryan, its poison!" says Jess waving her hands dramatically

"I've been told, but I'm hungry so....I'm forced to chew the nasty stuff they have here." I say with a equally dramatic sigh.

"Fear not little sister, Jess and I with save you! Go back to your room and we will go out and buy good food!" Says Reeve and then turning on his heels, rushing down the hall "To the bat mobile" 

"I have to go out in public with him." sighs Jess and begins to follow Batman.

"Thank-you!" I yell after her.

"So now what?" asks Leo.

"You heard Batman; off to my room!" I say and Leo walks backs toward the elevator and pushed the down button.

When we finally made it back to my room, I was ready to sleep.

"Ry, we're back are you ready to get out of the wheel chair." Leo asks softly. I nod my head. I was thinking about getting up when a pair of arms scooped me up and out of that uncomfortable chair, I gasped not expecting to be lifted, also not wanting to have anyone pick me up.

Leo placed me on the bed and covered me with my blanket. My eyes lids were slipping and my limbs felt heavy.

"Tanks." I mumble, attempting to say thanks.

"You're welcome" he says pecking me on the cheek.

"I'm hungry" I say sleepily.

"Reeve and Jess will be back soon." he says stroking the side of my face. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep. Thinking about how great my life with my mate is going to be.

"Ryan, Ryan, it's time to wake up." Leo says shaking me lightly.

"Do I have to?" I whisper pulling the pillow over my head to block out the noise and light. Suddenly the pillow was gone.

"Heyyyy." I say sitting up. And noticing that it was once again just Leo and I in the room.

"They went to go get you some stuff from home." He says practically reading my mind...how does he do that?

"Can I go back to bed?" I ask pouting slightly, I'm still sleepily.

"Sorry Ry but you need to go and get some ex-rays done." Leo says handing me a smoothie with a straw, I sipping at it enjoying the cool taste.

"What ex-rays?" I ask after my sip. He doesn't answer for a while.

"When the truck was first hit it bent almost in half, you got the most impact." he says quietly. "And when it bent, you bent. It twisted your spine. The doctors had to do an emergency surgery just for there to be a possibility of you ever walking again."

A moment of silence spread over the room. I tried to process that information.

"I'm sorry." I finally whisper.

"Why are you sorry? Why should you be sorry? Its not your fault...its not your fault " he says quietly.

"I'm sorry that you have to live with that memory." I say placing my hands on each of his shoulders and looking his square in the eye. "I'm sorry that you had to see me like that."

"Because of that...I will never hurt you again." he say resting his forehead on mine.

"Of course you wont, you're my angel." I say giving him a hug.

"So is that my pet name now? Angel." he asks

"Yes, because you are my angel." I say thinking about the memory of him keeping me alive.

"That means I get to give you a nickname too." he says and I can hear the smirk on face.

"What do you have in mind?" I say expecting the worse.

"Oh I don't know, but trust me I'll think of something." He says with a laugh.

"Oh dear me!" I say pulling away and taking another sip of my smoothie

"Its time to go and get your ex-rays done." he says getting a wheel chair and setting it up

"Do I really have to use the wheel chair again?" I say looking at the uncomfortable chair.

"Unfortunately yes.... Princess." and his smirk grows.