Chapter 8~ Permission

Hayes' POV:

"I should probably take Sky home now" I said and I began to stand up. Ellie looked up at me sadly and nodded.
"What happened on your phone?" I asked quietly and she looked down at the floor. I went over to her phone and picked it up off the table. After I tried a few times to unlock her phone I gave up in frustration and threw it on the bed beside her.
"It's 3737. My favorite number is 37 so..." she said and handed me her unlocked phone.

The vine app was open on the video she posted of Cam. Why would she be upset about this? I scrolled through a couple of comments but none of them were bad except for a couple that said 'who is she' or 'how does she know the boys'. I checked in a couple of other apps but I couldn't find anything that would really upset her this much. Then I opened the camera roll and the most recent photo was a screenshot. My heart sank as I read the comment.
"Ellie, I'm so sorry for brining you into this" I said and I gave her a small hug.
"It's ok, I expected people not to like me" she said sadly.
"It's not just that. You know I would never hurt you! Me and Cam and Sky, we all love you, why would I hurt someone as beautiful as you?" I said as I stared into her bright blue eyes.
"Do you feel sorry for me? I just moved here and did you think I needed some pity to cheer me up? Why, out of everyone, did you choose me?" she asked sadly and I cupped her face in my hands.
"I don't feel sorry for you, I need you. Truth is I was kinda lonely and there were too many fake friends. Then I met you and you didn't know who I was so I thought it could be a fresh start and I might actually have a friend. Then I got closer to you and I realized that I like you. I like you a lot Ellie and I don't want to lose you" I said and I softly pressed my lips to hers.
"Thanks Hayes" she said with a small smile and she kissed me on the cheek. I sat there for a while just staring into her big blue eyes. How could someone so beautiful ever feel bad about the selves?
"I should take Sky home now" I said sadly because I knew I had to leave eventually.
"Oh...Ok" she said and she looked down at the floor.
"Don't think about anyone else. Just be yourself because that's what people love! Everyone has haters but you have to remember that there's also plenty of admirers out there" I said and I have her another quick kiss. Before she could say anything, I stood up and walked out of her room. I would fix this! She doesn't deserve to feel this way!

"Hey Sky, we have to go home now, mom's cooking dinner" I said as I walked back into Jade's bedroom.
"But I wanna stay!" she said with a pout and I smiled.
"You've been here all day! Maybe if you come home now I'll give you some ice-cream later?" I said although I didn't know if I would be able to.
"Promise?" she asked warily.
"I guess so" I said and she smiled.
"Ice-cream!" she yelled and jumped up off the floor triumphantly.
"Bye Sky" Jade said as Skylynn came skipping over to me.
"By Jade!" Sky called back.
"Come on kiddo" I said with a laugh.
"Don't call me kiddo! Now, carry me peasant!" she said and folded her arms.
"Whatever you said kiddo" I said with a laugh and she glared at me.
"Poopy head" she said as I picked her up off the floor.

We walked home and I carried Skylynn the entire way. The whole way home she was singing something about horses and I was just listening and laughing occasionally at the lyrics she came up with. I put her down as we walked up to the front door and I unlocked it. She ran inside as quickly as she could and up to her room; probably to play with her toy horse.

"Mom, we're home" I yelled as I walked towards the staircase.
"Ok sweetie! Dinner will be in half an hour" she called back as I ascended the stairs. I went up to the ladder and onto the roof. I don't know why but being up here makes me feel calm. I just sat down and stared out across the horizon. The sun was slowly beginning to set so the sky was a bright orange color. My phone vibrated signaling I had a message.

Ellie: The sky is beautiful tonight isn't it :)

I smiled at the text and then looked over to her house to see her sitting on her window balcony. We locked eyes for a second and I saw her smile softly.

Hayes: Not as beautiful as you ;)

I replied to her message and sat back, staring at the clouds. I don't know how long I sat there but I knew it wasn't for long because mum hadn't called me down for dinner yet.
"Hayes" I heard someone call. I guess I spoke to soon about dinner.
"Coming" I said and I started to walk back into the house.

Ellie: I honestly don't know how to respond to that

I smiled and walked into the kitchen for dinner. I didn't reply to the message because I knew mom wouldn't like me to have my phone out at the table so I just put it back in my pocket. I sat down next to Skylynn and mom and dad sat at the ends of the table. Nash was still coming down the stairs so we sat in silence and waited for him.
"What took you so long?" Mom asked and Nash just smiled.
"I was just uploading a vine" he said and sat at the table.
"Ok sweetie, ok guys lets go" mom said and we all said a short prayer.
"Amen, enjoy" dad said and we all dug into our food.

"Hey mom, you know how you said you should meet Ellie's mom? Why don't we invite them over for dinner tomorrow and we could make your famous nachos?" I said because nobody else was saying anything.
"Sounds like a good idea! Why don't you and Nash go over tomorrow and invite them here?" she said and I nodded. Nash nodded too but he didn't seem too happy about it.

We finished dinner and I helped mom clean up a little bit.
"So, you and Ellie?" she asked with a smirk after I finished stacking the last plate into the cupboard.
"What?" I said and I almost choked on my tongue.
"It's ok, she seems nice" mom said and I stared at her in shock.
"Can I film this and rub it in Nash's face? Did you just give me permission to go out with Ellie?" I asked with complete uncertainty in my voice.
"No, I'm giving you permission to prove that you care about her. You break her heart or hurt her in any way and you're grounded for life" she said and I nodded quickly.
"Thank you so much mom!" I said and I hugged her.
"Come with me for a sec" mom said and I followed her into the living room.

"Nash told me what happened and his opinion on you two is awful but I think he is overreacting. You just need to be careful because you might not hurt her but other people still can and you know who I'm talking about" she said seriously.
"The fans, Nash?" I asked and she nodded.
"Just look after her" she said and I nodded.
"I will, I promise" I said honestly.
"Good, now go to bed" she said and pushed me towards the doorway. I walked up to my bedroom and changed into a pair of boxers to go to bed. I crawled under the covers and soon fell asleep with a smile on my face.
~
A/N:

I'm sorry it took a while to upload this chapter. I had to go away for school and the was no Internet to finish the chapter. I'll try and upload a little quicker next time!

Loz :)