Reckless ~(Hayes Grier)

I stepped out of the car and stared up at the huge house in front of me. It was so much bigger than my apartment back in Sydney. Yes I mean Sydney Australia! I had just moved all the way from Australia to North Carolina because my dad got a promotion and we had to move. I guess it'll be good to have a new start; meet new friends and experience what America has to offer.

In my family there is just my mom, dad, my four year old little sister Jade and me. My name is Eliscia Lewis but I prefer being called Ellie. I'm a 13 year old girl but a lot of people think I'm older because I'm a bit taller than most girls my age. I don't really mind being a little bit taller than other girls because it helps with sport. I play a lot of basketball and that extra height is an advantage. Now that I'm thinking about it I don't know whether my mom has sorted anything out for my basketball yet or not. I'll just have to ask her about it later.

I grabbed a bag and start carrying my things inside. I take my bags upstairs and put them in my new room. My dad had already explained where everyone's rooms were so I knew where to go. I started to unpack some of my clothes in my massive walk in wardrobe when I hear a soft knock on my door.

"Ellie, mommy said that there was a park near here. Can you take me to go play?" Jade said cutely. She was ready to go in her pony shirt and purple leggings.

"Sure thing kiddo! Let's go!" I said, picking her up and carrying her out of my room.

"Don't call me kiddo! I'm 4 not 2!" she said sassily as we began to walk down the stairs. I just laughed at her comment.

"Mom! I'm taking Jade to the park!" I yelled hoping that my mum would hear it.

"Sure thigh sweetie! Don't stay out too late and text me if you go anywhere else!" she called back.

"Ok mom!" I replied and Jade and I began walking to the park; and by walking to the park I mean I walked and she got a piggyback the whole way.

When we eventually got to the park Jade ran straight over to the play equipment. I went and sat on one of the swings so I could watch her. After a couple of minutes I got bored so I went to see what Jade was doing. I found he siting in a small tunnel with another girl that was around her age. The girl had long blonde hair that stuck out in all different angles.

"Hi Jade! Who's your friend" I asked and I sat down at the entrance to the tunnel.

"Hi Ellie! This is Sky. She's my new best friend" she said pointing at the girl.

"Hi Sky! I'm Ellie. I'm Jade's big sister" I said and I gave her a small wave. She waved back with a big smile.

"Do you have a sister?" Jade asked Sky. She shook her head and pointed over to a basketball court beside the playground.

"Those are my brothers. They're crazy!" she said with a giggle. The two girls kept on talking like I wasn't even there. After a minute I heard someone yell from across the park, "Skylynn where are you!"

"I. Am. O-vah. Here!" she yelled back sassily. I could easily tell that her and Jade would be really good friends. Two boys came running over; I assumed that they were her brothers. One of them looked familiar but I couldn't tell where I had seen him from before.

"There you are Skylynn! Who's your friend?" the older boy asked gesturing to Jade. I figured that her real name was Skylynn.

"This is Jade. She's my friend!" Skylynn said. The boy nodded then he saw me.

"Hi! You must be Jade's sister. I'm Nash and this is Hayes" the older boy said and he pointed at the slightly smaller boy.

"Hi I'm Ellie! I'm guessing that you guys are Skylynn's big brothers" I said and I shook Nash's hand. They both nodded in reply. Nash was the one who looked familiar but I couldn't remember what he reminded me of. He was tall; about 6 feet tall and he had light brown hair sort of spiked up in a messy sort of quiff style. He had a few freckles across his face and he had the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen. He actually was quite good looking.