Chapter 6~ Ok

I slowly climbed up the steps to the roof. The door creaked as I opened it at the top.

"Go away Nash! I don't want to talk to anyone!" Hayes said with a sniff. He was sitting in the middle of the pillows with one of them hugged to his chest. His knees were pulled up to his chest too and I could hear him sniffling into the pillow.

"Hayes" I said softly and I closed the door behind me. He quickly turned around to look at me and I could see the tear tracks running down his cheeks.

"You were crying?" he said quietly. I sat down beside him and he studied my face carefully.

"Why are you worried about me crying? I'm a girl, shouldn't you expect that" I said trying to lighten the mood.

"It's my fault. Maybe Nash was right about us being too young" he said and he looked out at the skyline.

"I don't care if we're too young!" I said and I grabbed his hand. I laid my head on his shoulder and he laid his head on top of mine.

"You know when you said 'sorry for ruining your life' earlier? I thought I was going to break down and start crying. But I didn't because I didn't want you to blame yourself" he told me quietly.

"I'm sorry Hayes. I didn't know what to do" I said and I squeezed his hand.

"After you left, Nash started yelling at me and saying that I had messed everything up for you and everyone," he told me and I nodded in response, "then he said there were heaps of prettier girls in North Carolina and I could do better" he said sounding even more upset.

"He said that about me?" I said and I honestly felt worse. Why did Nash hate me so much?

"Cameron had to stop me from seriously hurting Nash. I wanted to kill him! But I think he saw how upset I was and he told me that you should be my friend not my girlfriend because I couldn't handle it" he added quickly.

"But what do you want?" I asked.

"I-I... I just don't want to see you upset" he said and he rubbed his eyes. I wiped the excess tears from his cheeks and he smiled but he still looked sad.

"But you know what you want to do, don't you?" I said and I grabbed both of his hands. He twirled my fingers in his and he smiled genuinely.

"I really like you" he said and he looked down at our hands. I leaned in so my mouth was just beside his ear. (A/N: haha you thought they were going to kiss)

"I really like you too" I whispered in his ear.

"Can I ask you something?" he said nervously.

"You just did but I guess you can ask another one" I said with a smile.

"Will you go out with me?" he asked and he looked down at the pillows around us.

"Ok" I said with a smile.

"Can I ask you something else?" he said shyly.

"I guess you can" I said with a small smirk.

"Um... Can I... Um kiss you again?" he asked and he looked at the floor. I grabbed his face in my hands and forced him to look up at me.

"You should've just done it" I said and I closed the gap between our lips. Hayes brushed a loose strand of hair out of my face and I felt him smile in the kiss. After a little bit we pulled away and I laid my head back on Hayes' shoulder.

"It's hard to believe that we haven't even had lunch today" Hayes said with a small laugh. I nodded and wrapped my arms around his torso so I was hugging him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in closer to his chest.

"Can I quickly text Cam to say we're ok?" I asked and he nodded.

Ellie: Hayes is ok. Find Nash?

Cam: So u two r ok? Nash is really worried about Hayes.

I turned back to Hayes and he was looking out at the sky.

"Nash is worried about you" I said and he shook his head.

"He'll be sorry for two seconds and then his ego will get in the way and he'll stuff up again" Hayes said like it happens a lot.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I asked and I sat a little closer to him.

"Yeah. I'm fine" he said but it didn't sound entirely convincing. I decided to keep texting Cam.

Ellie: I think we're ok. Hayes is really upset with Nash. I don't think it's the first time something like this has happened.

Cam: Hayes started getting famous because of Nash and Nash didn't like it. He told Hayes to get out of his way because he was just a little kid and wasn't good enough. Hayes said he was ok after a little while but I don't think he is.

Ellie: They seem so close in their vines.

Cam: Hayes convinced Nash to act like that because he didn't want to disappoint anyone.

Ellie: I hav to go now. Hayes is still a little upset.

Cam: Tell him I'll see u guys tonight.

Ellie: k bye.

"Let's go out" I said quickly and I twisted Hayes' fingers in mine.

"Out where?" he asked and we both stood up.

"To get ice-cream?" I offered and he nodded excitedly.

"I wonder where Cam is? He's been really helpful today and I haven't even got to speak to him" Hayes said and he held the attic door open for me.

"He's probably still with Nash. We could invite him to come with us" I suggested and Hayes shook his head.

"He's probably still trying to calm Nash down" he said and laced his fingers with mine. I nodded and we walked down the stairs, through the house without Hayes' mom seeing us and out the front door.

"Are you really sure you're ok?" I asked and he nodded.

"I told you I'm fine" he said with small smile.

"You can tell me the truth" I said and I laced our fingers together. He lightly squeezed my hand and smiled.

"I'm ok because I have you" he said and I smiled slightly.

"Ok." I said and we kept walking towards the ice-cream place.

~

A/N:

I'm sorry I haven't updated this in a while. We aren't on break where I live so school assignments have been hectic. I promise to update a little more from now on!

Stay awesome!

Loz :)