Chapter 2 ~ The beach

We walked in the door and Jade instantly ran further into the house to find mom. Probably to tell her about Skylynn. I followed after her and I found mom out in the back room reading one of her books.

"Mom, mom guess what we did" Jade yelled as she jumped onto our mom's lap.

"What happened sweety?" she asked with a small laugh.

"I made a new friend and Ellie got a boyfriend" she said excitedly. Mom looked up at me suspiciously.

"No! I just hung out with her friends big brothers" I said with a laugh. Mom laughed too and looked at Jade.

"What's your friend's name?" she asked Jade.

"Skylynn Elizabeth Floyd" she answered proudly.

"That's nice Jade. I'm sure you'll be good friends" she said with a smile. I nodded in agreement. Jade jumped off our mom's lap and ran out of the room; probably to go play with some of her toys.

"So, a boyfriend?" my mom said with a smile. I shook my head quickly.

"No! I told you that he is just Skylynn's big brother. We just watched a movie!" I told her and she nodded.

"Sure" she said sarcastically. I just shook my head and went up to my bedroom.

I laid on the bed staring up at the ceiling. I couldn't believe that I had only been in North Carolina for a couple of hours and I had already met Nash and Hayes Grier and we were sort of friends. It seems to weird to be real. I was still just lying there when I got a text message.

From: Hayes (Hottie) Grier :P <3

Hey :)

I'm bored... Wanna talk?

I read over the message and before I knew what I was doing I had already replied.

To: Hayes (Hottie) Grier :P <3

Sure! Sup?

I sent the message and the rest of the conversation went like this,

Hayes: I wish u could hav stayed longer! It was more fun when u were here!

Ellie: Aww! Don't worry you'll see me tomorrow!

Hayes: Yeah! I'm looking forward to it!

Ellie: Me too! Do u want me to come over your place?

Hayes: Nah! I'll pick u up. How bout 11 so we can hav lunch at the beach?

Ellie: Sounds good! I'll be ready!

Hayes: Cool! Hav u asked your mom if it's ok to go?

Ellie: Nah! I will right now!

I sent the message and walked back downstairs to find my mom in the exact same place as when I left.

"You seem too happy! What do you want?" she asked suspiciously.

"Can I go to the beach tomorrow with Hayes? He's going to show me around a little bit" I asked in a pleading sort of voice.

"That should be alright. What time are you leaving?" she asked me.

"Hayes is coming to pick me up at 11" I told her and she nodded. I hugged her quickly and went back up to my room.

Ellie: I'm aloud to go!

Hayes: Yay!

Ellie: It'll be fun just to hang out with no distractions!

Hayes: Yeah! I hav a surprise for u in a little bit but I'm not gonna tell u wat it is!

Ellie: TELL MEEEEE!!!!