Chapter 2: Welp!

When I woke up the girls were still asleep and so I got up and looked at the time, 2 hours before I have to wake up. I shrugged and got dress anyways, with a little bit of magic, of course.

 I shrugged and got dress anyways, with a little bit of magic, of course

I did my hair up in a messy - but cute - bun.

I smiled at myself in the mirror, I decided to go down to the common room and just sit at one of the couches in front of the fire

I smiled at myself in the mirror, I decided to go down to the common room and just sit at one of the couches in front of the fire. As I sat there looking at the fire I heard the steeps creek, I could hear the thoughts of a boy start going off, like 'oh shit! did I wake anyone! Crape, there's someone in the chair!'. I quickly look behind me and see a boy try and seek down the steeps, He sees me and we just stare at each other for a while, he was clearly nervous. I look away and he comes to sit next to me. 

"Hello, I'm Fleamont Potter." He held out his hand and I shook it. 

"Hi, I'm (Y/n) (L/n)." I smiled at him as some of the girls and guys were coming downstairs to go to breakfast.

I got up and walked to breakfast in the Great Hall and sat alone at the table. I grabbed an apple and started to eat. I'm not really a social person, so if I had to talk to someone I'd rather they talk and I listen, I mean, I could read their thoughts, it's fine. Many people were talking, but the sound that was coming out of there mouths were covered by there thoughts, it's so hard to control this, always hearing others thoughts when I didn't want to, some are weird and others are just plain creepy.

But luckily the first part of breakfast was peaceful and no one came up to me. Until they came in. The group of Slytherins that I want to kill already! As a Hufflepuff passed them, One of them tripped her. I stood up and walked over to the Hufflepuff and picked her up and helped her.

I look over at the group as they were laughing and I punched the one that tripped the girl. They fell down and held his jaw. "Do you know who I am!?" 'A D*CK!?'

"A prick?" Luckily there were no teachers in the Great Hall at the time so I didn't get into any trouble. Some of the Slytherins snickered at my comment except the one I punched. I walked away as one of the teachers walked in. I think it was Slughorn. 

I sat back down and ate my food, but I feel two eyes on me, they were burning into the back of my skull! I look behind me to find Riddle just staring at me. I feel so uncomfortable. I can hear his thoughts, but they were very muffled. I just wish to leave, luckily Christmas is in 2 months! wait... I just remembered I went back in time!!!! I don't have a family to go back to, well, I didn't have one to go back to the first place anyways. What the hell am I supposed to do!? I'll just ask Professor Dumbledore. 

The bell rang and I went to my first class which was potions. I walked in the class and walked up to the teacher, Professor Slughorn. "Professor! I was wondering if you could partner me up with someone who is good in potions, I have a little bit of trouble anyway." I lied. I hate lying to people, but it was for the greater good. (Or great or good IDK).

"Ok, I will put you with Mr. Riddle." I nodded and I walk over to the desk he sat at. After a little bit of just sitting there and doing nothing, students started to walk inside. Including Tom. He sees you sitting at his table and sighed. 'Why is she here?' He thinks. I'm happy to see you too, d*ck. He sat down right as Professor Slughorn started to talk. "Alright, class! Today we will be making Invigoration Draught. Now can anyone tell me what the Invigoration Draught is?" Tom and My hand shot up. "Ms. (L/n), please tell."

"The Invigoration Draught is a potion which presumably boosts the drinker's energy. Fifth-year students of Potions class are required to brew an Invigoration Draught, which is supposedly rather easy when left alone." I explain, saying everything I have read before in my potions book.  

"Tom can you-" Then I just tuned them out, I didn't really care about this because I've already made this potion and I got a good grade on it. I only stopped daydreaming when Tom shook me.

"We have to start the potion." I just nodded and helped him cut the ingredients he needed. After a little bit, we were the first ones done. It was an awkward silence between us. "What class do you have next?" He asked me.

"... DADA..." I said a little nervous, I mean, he was way taller than me, and he was feuter Voldemort. Wouldn't you be scared? 

"I was wondering if you wanted to become... allies." I looked at him so confused. You were just being mean to me, the fuck!

"Allies? Why?" I was starting to get confident knowing He can't do shit to me in front of a Professor. His mind was blank, damn you, Tom Riddle!

"You said you had the ability of Legilimency, correct?" I nodded. It was weird, I felt nothing in him, is he always emotionless.

"Are you always this emotionless? If so, you are a real drag." I said crossing my arms. "Oh, and Tom, I'm sorry about your past. And don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about this time." I said sternly. Then the bell rang and I gathered my things, putting my things in the bag I had and left for DADA.

I walked into the classroom and looked around. I  have a feeling we are going to be dueling based on the runway thing in the middle of the room, but it was just a hunch. I set my things down as everyone started to walk in. Gryffindors and Slytherins, so I knew Tom would be here. I waited until the DADA Professor came in, when he did,  he announced that we all will be dueling, wow! no one would have known that!!!!

"OK, who will be up today? uh, Mr. Riddle how about you come up, I haven't seen you Duel anyone yet." Everyone started to whisper, they were all scared. "And who would like to be his opponent?"Nobody did for a while, so I rose my hand. "Ah, the new students, Ms. (L/n), correct, well then, come up here." I steep up and was on the other side of Tom. "Ready your wands." As he said that I got my wand out, I haven't used my wand in so long. "on my count of 3, I want you to try and disarm your opponent.  1...2...3!" 

"Aguamenti!" Tom yelled, Water shot out of his wand but I blocked with ease using the Protego charm (Sheild charm). He kept screaming spells but I blocked them. Since I was a Legilimens I could tell what spell he was going to cast before he did, he planned ahead, the wrong move when your dueling someone like me.

"Stupify!" I screamed but he blocked it. Darn!

"Aguamenti!"  He screamed again. That time, I was too slow to block. I got hit by the water and it was so strong that it made me fly into the hair and hit my head on the floor. My head started to bleed a little, but no one noticed, so we cool and I got up.

"Levicorpus!" It hit Tom making him fly upside down, and dropping his wand in the prosses. I smile as he just hangs there. He glared at me, probably because no one has ever beat him, what am I saying probably, that's exactly why. He was pissed. "S-should I let him down now." A lot of people were whispering.

"Yes, and congrats  you won." I smile as I let Tom down and get off the platform, and right when I did, my vision got blurry. Oh no, I knew I should have stopped, but no! I had to be the best like no one ever was! And then I passed out.

--------------------------------

Word count: 1456 :)