Wedding Planning With the Gods (Part 1)

POV- Percy Jackson

As Artemis flashed out, I was debating on what to say. I mean, I had explicitly told Zeus that I would not take another lover until I was over Annabeth. Now? This so called "King," decides that he can arrange a wedding with a virgin goddess and me. Is he trying to get me killed? That, and he's really screwing with my emotions. Should I feel betrayed? Should I feel angry? Violated, even? Maybe all of the above? I'm seriously at a loss for words. I mean, lately, when am I not? All I can muster is a weak, "Seriously, Drama Queen? You want to get me even farther on your bad side?" Accompanying this passive-aggressive question was a very pissed-off glare. Zeus returned it gladly.

"It is necessary. Do you want this world to be thrown into chaos because you decided your feelings were more important than everyone else's well-being?" By everyone, he means himself. Note to self: make Zeus look this stupid more often. Poseidon will chew his butt off for it. "Can your self-centered royal highness please listen to common sense? This young hero has risked everything for us and you force him into one thing, after another, after the next. You are asking him for betrayal! Not to mention, with the enemy we are facing, we need Percy." "Thank you, for calling me Percy! I'm sick with the 'Perseus this' and 'Perseus that'—Hang on, you figured out who the enemy of the prophecy is?"

Athena glared at her arch-nemisis. "We agreed to not tell him!" She hissed. Ignoring my deceased-girlfriend's mother, I interrupted her. "Who is it? Come on, I'm fighting this guy--or gal, not to assume or anything. I don't like offending the enemy before the fight. During or afterwards? Maybe, but like, now is not a time to be doing that. So yeah, who is it?" ADHD. Sorry. Athena's angry voice surrounded me. "That information is not relevant as of now. We should get back on task. As in, what we were speaking of prior to that very jumbled speech of yours. Like, a union of sorts."

Knowing that this was going nowhere anytime soon, I pursued a problem in this. "Artemis should be here. It's not fair that her wedding should be planned without her." I protested. "Then, as the husband, I assume you shall have no problem fetching her? You should get cozy, because in just a few days, you'll be legally wed in the eyes of the Olympians." Did I mention I hate Athena? Well, I hate her- woah, wait. "DAYS?!" I screamed, clenching my fists. "Young god, you may not be aware, but every second that passes means that the prophecy is a second closer. We've wasted so much time already. In this circumstance, there are no more seconds to waste. So, who are you waiting for? Go collect your bride-to-be."

I didn't even get a chance to protest before someone flashed me into Artemis' temple. On her bed. Straddling her. With her in her very satin-y pajamas. Her lips just mere inches from mine. Her face turned bright gold with ichor as she glared up at me. "PERSEUS ACHILLES JACKSON! GET OFF ME!" Turning golden, I backed away and tripped over my own feet. "S-sorry! I didn't mean to! Schist, I am so sorry! Someone on the council teleported me here and I had no idea and I cannot even say how sorry I am!" My voice may have gone up a few octaves. I may have also cowered in a corner. I still was sure she was going to slaughter me when, suddenly, her gaze softened.

"It's not your fault they're all a bunch of dramaholics," just like that, Artemis was acting like a newly made god. Her once-tamed godly hormones were up a wall due to her revoked maiden vows. Changing into her teen form, she sauntered over to a very brightly blushing me. As much as my godly hormones were screaming at me to kiss her, an image popped up in my mind. Annabeth, my inner voice murmured. So I noped the heck out of there.

Flashing back to the throne room, I realized that I never relayed my message. Artemis was unaware of our meeting. "Double schist," the entire counsel was staring at me expectantly. "Someone send her a message! I am never doing that again!" I'm 90% sure my face was still golden, which means I'm also pretty sure the counsel knew what had happened. "I'm so glad I had that idea to draw you closer!" Aphrodite squealed. Right, because who else would have that perverted idea to flash me over like that?

Artemis flashed in a few short seconds later. Looking flustered as ever, she glanced at me. "Why am I here?" "Wedding planning! Now, shall we get started with the process?" Aphrodite questioned, her enthusiastic voice really ticking everyone off. "She's not planning it, right?" There was an awkward pause, "right?" Artemis shared my scared look. "Who else would be, sillies?" She protested.

This was like Tartarus. Except it involved too much glittery, fancy, and overly romantic settings in that crazed love goddess' mind.