Losing Myself is Destroying Me

Google Docs hates me. Guess what happened. Just guess. Fine, I'll tell you. It deleted more than 90% of Artemis' dialogue. Thanks Google. Anyways, it gets rushed from about the second sentence of Artemis' POV. Sorry. It got me stressed, so I panicked.

Previously:

I sighed and nodded. When she was gone, I was no longer afraid to get angry.

       "Alright," I crossed my arms, "we need to talk."

Now

POV- Apollo

    When Percy said we needed to talk, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was terrified. With that kid, it's a wildcard. He could look serious and in all reality, he just wants an ice cream or something. It's freaky. Well, back on topic, the kid just stood there staring at us for. . .what, five minutes? without saying anything. So, of course, Athena had to be the one to comment on it. Not like Percy isn't very fond of her already. "Seaspawn, you cannot just stand there in front of the counsel, call a meeting of some form, and then not speak. We are gods; busy and impatient. Not everything we do has to be about you," she commented. "Although, that seems to be all we've focused on lately. Not the upcoming war, that should have priority." She spat in the kid's direction.

    I have to give him credit, though. He didn't snap or freak out this time. Like he had reached the final agreement that this was what his life was now. That's when I saw it. I don't have to be a medic to recognize depression. Well, I mean, I am a medic, but I guess you know what I mean. I could just tell. I don't think Athena had put two and two together yet. The poor kid was beating himself up over Annabeth's death. "Percy," I left my throne, changing into my human height, and engulfing him in a hug. He seemed surprised at first, but then he realized what was happening and gave in to the hug. "Apollo, what are you doing?" Unsure if I should give away Percy's condition just yet, I came up with a half-truth. I would lie, but god of truth is kinda in my title. "This god has sacrificed so much for us. Am I not allowed to express some form of thanks?" To my surprise, Percy shot a grateful look in my direction.

    Artemis huffed at me, and I stuck my tongue out at her. "You're just jealous because I, the hottest god around, got to hug your prophecy man. I thought you'd  be better than that, little sis!" Her silver eyes were narrowed and calculating. Then, she stood and tackled me. "We had a deal, brother," She hissed, pointing an arrow at my throat. "That, and you know full well that Percy cannot be the man of the prophecy. Three prophecies for one demigod boy?" She spat angrily. Her face was bright gold with rage as the ichor flowed to her face. Gulping, I tried for a tough-guy feel. "Anger is not a good look for you, sis." This ticked her off even more. "I will RIP YOUR HEAD OFF, PHOEBUS APOLLON." Well then.

    Just as I had accepted death, our Olympian hero jumped in to save the day. Percy dragged Artemis off me and pinned her to the floor. "Look, I'm sure Apollo didn't mean what he said. And even though I have no idea what he meant by 'prophecy man,' but I'm sure he'll apologize for that. Right?" He glanced at me. The previous appreciation that had occupied his eyes was gone, replaced by slight anger. Nodding in defeat, I muttered a small apology to each of them. Most gods were still fuming. However, some like Hermes and Hephaestus, got a kick out of the sun god's pity party. "We still were not informed on why we had to be here." Zeus called us all back to attention. "Right," Percy sighed. "I'm sure that you're well aware of how ticked off I was about godhood?" Zeus nodded impatiently, "Get to the point, young god." "You have changed most of your children's lives as well. Hades, what about Nico? All he wants is your approval and now you've voted for a boy, who is not your own, to be turned into a god. That kid has lost everything just to please all of you. He will be less than happy.

    "Zeus, think of Thalia. My best friend. Your only Greek child from the past hundred years. She used to enjoy coming to camp and seeing her friends. Me, Annabeth, Grover, Jason. What does she have to come back to next year? Annabeth. . . she's gone. No coming back. Grover has been busy recruiting new demigods. Jason is off in a boarding school of some form. All of us. Gone. You think she'll come back to you guys when another battle is going on? There's no way in hell." Percy spat at us. "I could go down a more detailed list about each of your kids. I get that there's no reversal for this, but think about it this way; learn to look at the consequences of your actions before you do something stupid like this," he motioned at himself, "again." A bright light flashed from where he had been standing and just like that, the kid was gone again. "His temple," Athena responded to the unspoken question. "Should we-"

    "No. I will speak with the boy. Someone needs to bang his head in." Artemis jumped from her throne, purposefully ignoring me. "You sure it'll just be talking? I think I can sense some love in the-" "Aphrodite, how about you shut your mouth and stop causing more problems in our lives. You already screwed me and Percy's love-lives up enough as it is. I'm  not making the same mistake again, and I doubt he will either. So take all your stupid 'love' stuff and keep it for people who are actually interested, hm?" Her silvery glare did nothing to shock Aphrodite. They've had this argument more times than I can count. "You sure you're not one of the interested people? There's plenty interested in you. I set up a Tinder account for-" "APHRODITE, WHAT THE HELL?! I am a GODDESS. I will not waste my eternal life on lovers who will die so soon after I have fallen for them. Now stop bugging with my life!" She stormed out of the throne room, looking angrier than I've ever seen her.

POV Change- Artemis

    Who does she think she is? Meddling in my life because that's what she finds 'fun.' Trying to calm myself before talking with Percy, I stopped myself and closed my eyes. Something I learned from both Apollo and his daughters whom are in the hunt. When I was sure that I had calmed, I flashed outside of Percy's temple. I had not seen it yet, as Athena had designed it. Had it been Annabeth, I doubt it would look the way it did. The insensitive side of Athena had built it. The whole thing had a Percy-feel to it, but the names were cruel. Annabeth Chase, Luke Castellan, Charlie Beckendorf, Bianca di Angelo. That was a just asking Athena for death. I mean, seriously? The names of all the people he lost in the wars? I really was starting to regret coming to visit, but some part of me felt compelled to. It was odd. I haven't felt this way since... Nevermind. We shall not name that horrid man.

    He didn't open the door right away. That got me worried. When he did open the door, he looked horrible. Who knew a god could get so depressed so quickly? "Perseus, are you alright?" Is it sad to admit I was worried about a man? I'm honestly disappointed in myself for feeling this way. But, when you look into his baby seal eyes, it's hard not to. Darn this stupid boy. I can tell this next eternity is going to be difficult, dealing with him the whole time.

    Why, Zeus, why? "Hi?" He seemed slightly uncertain. "Any reason you're here, besides killing me for being born a 'degenerate' and part of 'the horrid male race'?" Now he was pushing it. If it was possible, I was regretting this even more. "You listen here: I will NOT be spoken to like a lowly child. The whole council is worried. Two huge blow-ups like this in two days? This is not healthy, Perseus. If you need to vent, then vent. I cannot think any lower of the male race than I already do, anyways." He seemed to be calculating. Finally, he sighed and moved from the door frame. "Fine, come in. Not like you can do anything to me anyways. I'm already immortal and miserable." By the tired look in his green eyes, I could tell that he was worn down and powerless. "Perseus-" "-Percy-" "-Perseus," He can be as unhappy about his name as he wants to be. He was named after a decent male hero: he should at least acknowledge it.

    "Look, I get you want to interrupt my 'selfish pity-party,' but I'm really not in the mood. I'm not here to be lectured, either. I'll leave if you try to, I just want you to know." He flopped down on a sea-green couch and sighed once again. "And if the council was so worried, why send the one goddess who despises me? I mean, I get not sending Athena, but you? You're not much better in terms of who will kill me or not. I mean, not that you could, but-" "-Enough perseverating and rambling. If you actually want me to listen and not snap at you, you will do as I say. Now, continue without your useless male ramblings." I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him the floor.

    "Where do you want me to start? My life is changed too much to even compare. My mom probably doesn't want to know me anymore, my dad voted against my free will just to fulfil a fantasy of his, Zeus is pissed. The love of my life is dead, and my whole future has wasted away. What else do you want me to say? You obviously are with the council on this matter, so why should I tell you anything that I think? I-" He paused, blinking. "Venting actually felt good." It was my turn to be shocked. "You've never vented before?" "No," he muttered quietly, "and I think your goal has been achieved. I think my fatal flaw is leaving me. I. . . I'm losing the feeling of loyalty."

    I guess we finally have reached it. The point where we gods have destroyed our greatest hero.