The Crushing Reality Of All This

Previously:

"We just saw him, before he ran out of here!" I spat, crossing my arms over my chest. "And apparently he won't come running back in if you keep standing there and fighting." A voice from behind them intervened.

It was Apollo. And in his arms, was a limp and bruised body.
Percy.

Now

POV- Artemis

"What in Hades' name happened here?" Poseidon demanded, his sea-green eyes wide with fear for his demigod son. "Can everyone please stop using my name as a swear? After a while, it gets annoying hearing my name all the time." "Oh, shut up, brother! We have more pressing matters than that." Zeus growled. "This, you idiotic morons, is why we should have goddesses in charge instead of you men." I growled angrily, pushing my way past them and stopping at my brother's side. "Arty! Perfect, you were just the goddess I needed!"

Grunting, I glared at him. "What could the mighty Apollo need from me?" I demanded sharply, pinning his sky-blue eyes with my own silver. Swallowing, he managed an awkward smile. "You see, Percy needs an anchor; something to keep him stabilized while I do what I can. I can't do both, as my concentration is key for this whole procedure. So, your divine strength will keep him with us while I work!" He ended on a cheerful note. "Alright. I'll help if you promise to refer to me with my proper title for the rest of the day," I amended.

It took him a second to realize what I was referring to. "Never!" "Then no help. Also, I'll reveal one of your not-too-nice secrets to someone who will most definitely use it against you." Shuddering, he shook his head rapidly. "Both would have a horrible ending for me. Either I can admit that . . . you're trying to trick me, aren't you?" "More or less. You men are so easy to manipulate." "You're my little sister. I know your tricks." Shaking my head, I began to walk away. "Fine! You're my older sister. There, I said it. Now would you help me?" Turning around again, I smiled and nodded. Even if my little brother could be an arrogant pain in my butt, it was hard to deny him help when he was needy—it made me feel proud to be his older sister. Plus, it came with the privilege of eternal torture for him.

"Alright, then! Let's get to work. Gimme your hand and we'll get started." I stiffly held my hand out to him. "Right, you get to drain me of my godly stamina while I get to 'sit around' and wait for you to perform some 'miracle'." He rolled his eyes playfully at me. "Your powers will be stabilizing Percy for the ceremony." "Ceremony? You can't possibly be using his injuries as an excuse to turn him into a god." I protested, unable to believe that my brother would do something like this. "He can, and he will. I've had enough of my little nephew refusing my gifts of immortality. If this is how it has to be, then so be it." Zeus snapped at me, giving his you-can't-and-won't-argue-with-your-father look. Frowning, I pulled my auburn hair into a bun with the one hand that was available. "What will you do when he finds out you all used him at his weakest?" Grinning with feigned victory, I glared at him. "Despicable man. You are aware that the boy you are using saved me from the weight of the sky. This is what you will do in return? After he saved Olympus twice?"

"That is exactly what we are doing, daughter. Now, help your brother. Percy could die if he doesn't have some godly strength connecting him to us." Knowing that I was probably going to lose this argument to a man, I decided to shut my mouth. Not the most tactical thing, but it was better than being shown up in front of my godly family. Apollo removed his hand from mine, leaving a small cut in my palm. I moved closer to Percy and let a few drops of my ichor fall into his open mouth. After that, I gripped his hand tightly and closed my eyes. During the process of turning a mortal—or demigod—into a god, they need to have a godly anchor. Preferably, a god that has never done this process before. That way, their godly blood is pure and will make the process less painful and a bit faster.