You Get Back Together

Ashton: You sip your tea as you walk, trying to find your brother in the crowd "(Y/N)?" You feel your heart stop as your eyes meet Ashton's "(Y/N)...hi" "hi" you breathe, you stand for a second, simply staring at each other, Ashton has his head tilted to the side like a confused puppy, a goofy smile over his lips "do you maybe have a minute, to-to catch up?" He asks hopefully, a glimmer lights up in his eyes but his face falls as you shake your head "I'm sorry, I'm here with my brother and his friends, but I mean, call me or something" you suggest, biting your lip "you-you blocked my number" he reminds you, his voice quiet and laced with hurt "right, sorry, I'll unblock it okay? I'd really love to catch up, we haven't talked since-" "since you said you hated me and never wanted to speak to me again" he finishes, a smirk tugging at his lips as you cover your face with your hands, blushing "did I really say all that?" You mumble, he nods, laughing "well I guess I'll let you get back to your brother, but we need to-to go out for a drink sometime, can I take you out to lunch tomorrow? My treat" the hopeful spark is back in his eyes and you nod, standing on your toes to kiss his cheek lightly, as you make your way towards your brother, you glance back to see Ashton grinning after you, his fingers grazing over his cheek where you kissed him, when he notices you looking at him, he blushes and spins around, before turning back and waving to you, laughing at himself, you giggle and wave back, suddenly realising just how much you miss him. He is trailing off now, joining the trickle of people on the sidewalk, but you race after him "Ash! One more thing!" You cry, he turns and is surprised as you come hurtling into his arms, you kiss his laughing mouth breathlessly, your arms wrapped around his neck "screw my brother, god I've missed you Ash" you whimper, he grabs your waist, kissing you more passionately as you tug his lower lip between your teeth "I've missed you more" he mumbles, neither of you care about the people surrounding you, all that matters is each other, and that your lips stay on his for as long as possible.

Luke: "(Y/N) hey it's me...I'm sorry baby, please call me" "(Y/N) where are you? Why won't you come home? Why won't you pick up your phone? I'm so worried about you, please come home" "baby I know we had a fight but I didn't mean anything I said, please, I love you, it's been days since you disappeared, at least let me know you're safe, please" "(Y/N) you have to tell me where you are, I'm worried sick, I'm thinking about calling the police, it's been a week since I last saw you, why won't you call me back?" "Fucking call me (Y/N)...please I'm going insane" Luke sounded more and more desperate in each voice mail, his throat raw, sniffling and sobbing. You wipe your eyes and pick up your phone, dialling his number, he answers on the first ring "(Y/N)? Is that you?" His voice is hoarse "yeah" you whisper, there is a huge sigh of relief "where are you? I'm gonna come get you" he says, you can hear how light his voice has gotten, like a huge weight has been lifted from his shoulders "I'm at Frank's house...Frank my ex" you say quietly, there is a stifling silence and then the line goes dead. An hour later, you hear a knock at the door, you figure it's Frank back from the pub, and so you are shocked when you open the door to see Luke, his eyes red and puffy, his broad shoulders quivering, you fall into his embrace, sobbing against his chest and he buries his face in your hair "let's go home, please" he croaks, you nod and follow him back to the car, as you look over at him, you notice how tired and ruffled he looks, his beard has grown out scruffily, he has dark circles beneath his eyes, and his skin is pale and gaunt, like he hasn't eaten for days "I'm sorry Luke" you whisper, he shakes his head, intertwining your fingers "I'm sorry, can you forgive me?" He asks softly, you nod and press your lips to his, giggling as his beard tickles you "you grew quite the set of whiskers" you laugh, he chuckles, and kisses you again, intentionally rubbing his stubble against your cheek "I'll shave when we get home" he mumbles, trailing kisses down your neck "no! I mean...you don't have to-I kinda like it..." you trail off, blush tinging your cheeks, he laughs, nodding as you get into the car.

Michael: You swing your leg over the little gate and amble out towards the tree that towers over the field, you kick at clumps of dirt, remembering the last time you'd come through here, laughing and kissing and holding hands with Michael, as you reach the broad trunk of the tree, you sigh again, it was still there, the little carving Michael had done with his car key: 'I love you (Y/N)-Michael' when he had done it, he promised you would be together forever. You run your fingers over the smooth bark, feeling the ridges that held nothing but empty promises "I hoped I would find you here" you snap your head around, and you are shocked to find Michael standing behind you, he gives you a tentative smile and moves closer "how are you?" He asks, you shrug and glare at the grass, he sighs "please don't be like that" he whispers, tilting your chin up so his hypnotic green eyes are on yours "don't be so hostile, I'm trying to reconcile at least a friendship between us" he lets his thumb glide over your lower lip, his eyes fixed firmly on your mouth "I wanna-I wanna be friends but all I can think about is kissing you and it's driving me insane" he breathes, a crooked smile tugging at his lips, he leans closer to you, resting his forehead against yours, you close your eyes as you feel his soft plump lips on yours, his arms slip around your waist and he pulls you close "you won't believe how much I've missed you" he mumbles, when you finally pull away, you are both out of breath, panting heavily, and he grins "I'm trying to think of a reason for us not to get back together now" "and?" "Nada" he smirks, kissing you again.

Calum: You randomly toss your belongings into an old cardboard box, perfectly aware that Calum is staring at you, his brown eyes boring into the back of your head, suddenly you feel his hand on your lower back, his lips by your ear "please don't go" he whispers, you turn around slowly and look up at him "you're the one who wanted this" you say coldly, trying to avoid his injured gaze "I was angry that night, we were both angry. Please, don't leave me. Not like this" he nuzzles his face into the side of your neck, sucking on your sweet spot, his hands gripping your hips "I love you baby, you know I do" he whispers, taking your hands in his, he lays them on his firm chest, allowing you to feel his warmth and to feel his heart beating "we can make this work, we can get back together" he pleads, he kisses the corner of your lips, his forehead pressed to yours, you sigh, playing with the fabric of his shirt "I love you Calum" "so please gimme another chance" you nod slowly, and he smiles, picking you up and spinning you, his lips pressed firmly to yours.