Day 28: Recovery

AN: enjoy!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

The smoke slowly dispersed, sucked in by the vent on the ceiling, but it did nothing to ease Gaster's breathing as an invisible force was clamped down on his throat, lifting him off the ground and cutting off his air way. His legs trashes around in futile attempt to free him from the magical hold.

A choking sound escapes his throat as his hands clawed at his neck, trying to physically pry the seemingly solid energy clasped around it.

Before him, his experiment subject hovers several feet off the ground. Staring at the doctor's general direction with wide, unseeing eye and blank expression on his face which led Gaster to believe that Geno is not himself right now. He may not even be aware of his own actions.

His limbs were limp and unmoving, too. Which further insinuate that Geno could be 'asleep' and his subconscious may be the one acting up behind this. Knowing full well that Gaster had landed on the smaller skeleton's bad side. It must've been on pure instinct for the small skeleton to attack him.

Nevertheless, it didn't make Gaster's situation any better. It only means that there's no going through Geno's head. His mind is probably, practically shut downed. Gaster can only deal with this in one and only way; by brute force.

But how can he? When he's stuck in thin air and choking to death.

From the corner of his fading vision, Gaster caught sight of a blur moving behind his out-of-control experiment subject before a large hand swung at a neck breaking speed and hit Geno on his side. Sending the young skeleton plummeting right on the metal table with a great force that his small body bounced against the hard, solid surface before being slammed back down against it by the same large, furry hand; effectively pinning him down.

Despite the violent treatment he had just received, Geno gave little to no reaction. His expression remained stoic and his eye remained unblinking as if the impact that could've crushed his bones didn't bother him at all.

But the magic engulfing his body reacted just as violently and pushed Asgore back with enormous force that sent the large goat man flying and hit the line of machinery behind him. Creating a loud crashing sound as the machines tumbled down and crash against the tiled floor. Followed suit by the circuits exploding and smoke once again began filling the room.

Gaster, after recovering from the lack of oxygen, pushed himself up on his feet, dashed towards the rows of table which held the various utensils but that's not what he's after. It's the red button on the wall, the size of a fist, framed by yellow and black patterned paint and labeled 'emergency' in big bold red letters.

Gaster practically punched the button and the deafening sound of alarm blared through the quiet air as well as red flashing light.

Gaster turned to face the overpowered experiment just in time to see the magic lifted up the boy's limp body up in the air again. Slowly, and seemingly careful, maneuvering the boy in an upright position.

It still baffles Gaster at the fact that Geno was 'asleep' somewhere inside himself and all of this is just the work of his subconscious mind. It was like a built-in automatic defense system powered by his deepest desire. Geno knew he was in trouble and as a response, he desires to protect himself.

~~~~

"Death, listen to me! We're doing this for a good cause!" Sans practically yelled through the poor quality speaker, which nearly broke due to the intensity of his voice.