Day 13: Watching Each Other Sleep

AN: I'm running out of words!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Death sat on the back seat of the taxi, wearing a casual attire of dark hoodie and pants, tiredly leaning his head against the cold window glass and watching the scenery goes by with nearly dead eyes. A bouquet of flowers in his limp, gloved hand.

There was large patch of band-aid on his forehead, covering the bruise that he had acquired from the incident.

He's been silent ever since then. He wouldn't talk to anyone. He rarely sleep which explains the dark purple rings under his eyes. He barely eats.

The overwhelming guilt consuming his whole being.

The taxi stopped at his destination and the young chief wordlessly paid the driver before he got off. The door slammed closed, the taxi left and Death found himself at the bottom of the steps in front of Life's enormous hospital.

Death took a step forward. He kept going with his head bowed, having already memorized the way. He walked slowly, his mind wanders aimlessly.

Death stands before a jade colored door with Geno's name written on the name plate attached to it. He clenched his jaw as his grip on the bouquet tightened. Preparing himself for an inevitable emotional breakdown.

He reached one hand to the silver knob and twisted it before gently pushing the door open.

It was a large, air conditioned, private room filled littered with flowers of different sorts and various colors. There was a large bed where a small skeleton lies unmoving. Hooked to an IV drip and an oxygen mask covers the lower half of his face.

Death could already feel the tears stinging his eyes at the mere sight of the motionless skeleton. He quietly closed the door behind him and walked over to the bed. Setting down the bouquet among with the others before sitting on the edge of the bed.

Looking down with heavy heart at the bandages wrapped around the smaller skeleton's head. Death slipped the gloves off before taking the other one's hand in his, tenderly holding it with utmost care.

"Please, wake up." he pleaded, his voice cracked from under use, as warm tears starts pouring from his eyes. He brought the limp hand close to his lips, nuzzling on it, wanting to feel the smaller one's touch again. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Please come back to me." He apologized again and again, every time and everyday.

It had been a week and a half since the car crash incident. Tori says that his condition has stabilized. The doctors removed the bulky monitoring machines and told him that he was fine, but why wont he wake up?

Death hiccupped and wiped his tears with his free hand. The other never letting go of Geno's hand.

He heard the door behind him opened quietly. The taller skeleton didn't even bother turning around to look at whomever entered the room.

"Oh Death, you're here." Tori greeted in her motherly tone. Yet no matter how soft it was, it could never soothe the pain in his soul.

"Tori, *sniff* why wont he wake up?" Death asked, sounding like a lost child, without even looking at her, his gaze was fixed on Geno.

Tori already explained to him that Geno had slipped into a comatose state due to severe head injury. Obviously, Death wasn't taking it well.

The goat lady frowned. Her facial features softened in compassion. She would've offered a friendly hug if not for the fact that she'll die. She sighed, feeling at little useless at the moment.