We're not dreaming

That was my first experience of the outside world, the world outside of my garden, a different world in which i am not alone. Everything around me was cold, and wet, is this what they call rain?

Where am i?

I seemed to have lost my way, all i could see were nothing but tall buildings and colorful lights, everyone around me was in a rush, walking through the rain under their umbrellas, some were running with their coats over their heads, like they were trying to shield themselves from the rain.

But why would they?

The rain is so nice and cold. I haven't felt like this in such a long long time, it's so refreshing.

I wish the rain would never stop.

I was quietly enjoying myself, showering my whole body with the cold drops of rain while standing in the middle of a bridge, when all of a sudden a red umbrella was put over my head.

"You can catch a cold in a rain storm like this."

I turned around to see the mysterious man hold in the umbrella. He was tall, he had brown hair and hazelnut colored eyes, he was wearing something that looked like a school uniform with a red tie, a black blazer over a white polo shirt and a pair of navy blue slacks.

"It's..."

"...you."

Kyouhei...

I never thought i'd see him again, that was the first time i was able to meet the same person twice, first in my world, and now...in his.

"I knew i'd see you again."

"Kyouhei..."

"How did you get here?"

"I don't know..."

"Well, perhaps... it was fate that brought you here."

Fate, huh?

If so, i wonder what sort of fate i have in store with you?

"I promised didn't i? That we would experience the rain together."

I've always led myself to believe that i can never reach anyone, that i can never hold anyone's hand. At that moment, when you held out yours i was scared, scared of what might happen if i fail to reach you again.

I asked myself.

What if we're only dreaming?

What if we suddenly wake up and forget that this ever happened?

Kyouhei, what would you do?

What would i do?

"Kyouhei, right now... your awake, right?"

He smiled at me, and answered "That's right, i know i'm awake right now...we both are."

"I'll ask you again, do you trust me?"

"Yes."

And so, we ran off into the cold rain both soaking wet.

Where we were headed? I had no idea.

Is it towards the road of good fate?

Or perhaps, the path to bitter strife?

Well, at the time i couldn't care less, because...for the first time in my life...i was finally able to hold someone's hand.

***