Chapter Six- Running for my life

Începe de la început

On my way downstairs I see Jane coming out of her room looking better as before. She frowns at me with a questioning look.

" I thought you were off today?" She asks

" I took off early yesterday."

" You know that dad's the boss, you can come and go as you please."

"I know, but I had to work hard to prove I am not a spoiled brat and that I deserve to be there. If I do as I please I just proved to everyone that they are right."

"You're too hard on yourself but I understand where you're coming from. Thank you for running with me and sorry I just left you."

"Thank you for letting me and I rather you get sick inside where I don't see you than in front of me." I giggle " I thought you had a secret recipe for hangovers."

She blushes and bites her bottom lip." I lied, drinking after thirty and kids are getting hard. I thought I could do it." I have never seen my sister shy and I feel bad for her. I walk over to her and give her a reassuring hug. " Go back to your room and I will ask James to send you guys some breakfast. I am sure mom would love taking the kids off your hand today." She gives me a tied squeezing hug and thanks me. She lets go of me and returns to her room.

Walk into the breakfast room where we eat breakfast every morning. My mom is sitting at the table feeding her grandkids.

"Good Morning mom!"

"Good morning my little monkeys" I kiss bother Timothy and Alice all over their faces. They make a squealing noise begging me to stop. I love them so much and spoil the rotten when I see them and yes I am their favorite aunt.

James walks in with orange juice for me. I thank him and ask if he can please make breakfast for Jane and Harry and send it to their room. I explain the hangover situations and he just smiles. I know he will fix them up. James has been working for our family for years and he knows each one of us very well. He's like our grandfather slash butler.

"Mom? Can I get a takeaway for breakfast? I have a lot of work to get done today, please?" My mother nods and I pack a few things that I know I will not eat but I will drop it off at Edward's office. I am just doing it so my mother doesn't nag me about my eating habits. I get in my car and drive to work

On my way, I stop at Kate's favorite coffee shop. I don't drink coffee but I think I need strong coffee for this conversation with Kate. I pick up the coffee and continue driving to work. I walk straight to my office. I will give Edward his breakfast after I chat with Kate.

She jumped in her chair when I just start talking behind her. " I need to talk to you, now!" I say with a serious note in my voice.

"Ok," she replies and follows me into my office. She closes the door behind us. I give her, her coffee and we take our seats opposite my desk.

" So what happened? " she asks.

I start telling her everything in detail. The more I tell her, the more I ask questions but I don't give her time to answer. I answer myself and just keep on talking.

She looks at me confused and when I'm finished she says " So... you like him?"

"What! No," I say with uncertainty.

"Victoria it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's okay to like someone that you didn't like the first time. They say the best romance usually starts when the opposite attracts."

"He's too old for me. He's the same age as Edward. That's a good Eight years older than me."

"So why did you want to speak to me if you all ready-made up your mind?" She says irritated with me.