CHAPTER 5 *New* *Unedited*

Start from the beginning

"Riah your an idiot" I exhaled, trying to grab my thoughts together and suppress my laughter.

"Dwayne can lie and continue to live in denial all he likes, but the DNA don't lie" Naomi muttered which  Riah agreed "mhmm" in agreement.

"Fuck that Ghanaian anyways, I'm Isaiah's Father" Riah yelled, which caused me to giggle at her silliness. It also made me feel guilty. Like how can I abandon such supportive friends that cared about me this much.

"So am I, thats my youte" Naomi commented, as she took both our plates to the kitchen which she then proceeded to wash.

"Im sorry for leaving you guys. I love you both" I sighed. I knew I was unhappy and missed them. Speaking to them both made me realise the severity of how much I missed them and it's extent.

"We love you too and I will only forgive you when I see my son!" Riah snapped.

"She can come and see big bum. You should see Damis figure Thick thick" Naomi joked in her Nigerian accent, as she came out of the kitchen with a glass of orange juice in her hand.

"Big batty gyal since when?" Riah asked,

"It's called pregnancy fat. I want to return to my size 8 please" I snapped back at them both. I hated my pregnancy fat and how much bigger I had gotten. No matter how much Cynthia commented on how much better I looked, I just didn't see it that way myself.

*

It was the following morning and Naomi had left last night. If it had been up to her, she would have stayed longer and even slept over. However her Mum had phoned her home, to babysit her younger sister Charity and cousin Junior. After our long conversation with Riah on loud speaker, Riah proceeded to create a small groupchat on WhatsApp, where she added both me and Naomi in. A groupchat that was starting to occupy all my time.

I was currently sending  Riah pictures of Isaiah of which she did not hesitate to post one of them on her profile picture covering his face with a heart. Something I asked of her to do. I was not ready to yet show Isaiah to the world. He was too precious and the repercussions of putting his face on social media would be too dangerous.

Riah💎: Too cute Omds. 😭😍🥺

Naomi💎: I want a baby man 🥺🥺😍
I rolled my eyes, whilst shaking my head at Naomi response.

Me; Trust me, labour ain't easy. 🤕Them contractions 🤒😴. I'm waiting a solid 10 years for another

I would by lying if I said labour was easy. Isaiah was a stubborn baby and came out a couple of days after his due date. After punching and kicking my stomach, Isaiah had me in labour for almost 24 hours crying. Even when it came to pushing him out, I found myself giving up after every push which my midwife was there to encourage me and motivate me to continue. Though my mum was not there, I was lucky to have my older cousin Cynthia that held my hand throughout, massaging my back and fanning me with a magazine. My labour was also natural and unmedicated where I was left feeling every single contraction.

Riah 💎; Raah🤕, condom and protection is the way.

Naomi 💎; I can come steal him whenever right?

Me; ofcourse, come take him. He has been nagging me all morning 🙃

Riah 💎; I need to come and kiss those chubby cheeks soon 🤪😫

"Who you chatting to?" Cynthia came into the living room, holding Isaiah on her hips and a plate of toasted bread on her other hand.

"My friends" I smiled, whilst going back on my phone to see what they were going to say next.

"Friends?" Cynthia asked, with confusion on her face. With all her time living with me, she didn't know me to have any friends and would sometimes tease me, by referring to me as a "loner" to get me to socialise with her friends whenever they came over. Which I hated. Cynthia's friends were too loud, ghetto and hungry for sex. I liked to be around people, that I could build intellectual conversations with and a relationship where I would be learning as well as educating the person.

"Yeah, Naomi and Riah" I smiled, which caused her to choke on her toast before asking me "since when?"

"Since yesterday, I bumped into Naomi in the park down the road" Taken back by the facial expression Cynthia made, as though she wanted to say something but insisted on staying quiet which caused me to ask her "What's the problem?" Eyebrows raised, I was ultimately ready to jump at Cynthia to defend myself.

"How can you forget everything that happened though?"

"What do you mean?" I stated with a dash of attitude, before turning to her so that she could see I was being serious.

"Well, they were never here for you. Never defended you, even when your business went public. Ghosted on you. Deee the list can go on?" She stated, exhaustedly whilst taking a bite into her last piece of toast. If only you guys could feel the burning sensation in my heart, I was beyond livid that even my facial expression could not hide my anger. It really killed me how someone that couldn't even handle their own relationship, felt the audacity to comment on mine, whilst her own she had no control over. Though everything she said had a hint of some truth to it. Truth, that I had questioned both Riah and Naomi, who explained to me how they were scared at the time and did not know how to react or feel. Something they accepted their faults and apologised for their wrongdoings. They also both expressed their regrets for not supporting me sooner and how they would be making it up to me. We were all 16 at the time, having a pregnant friend was not the norm.

"Woow, so you've never heard of an apology. Ofcourse, I did not let them back into my life without any apology, they explained, we spoke and that is all" I snapped back at her, my tongue was too sharp. I was seconds away from dashing Samuels name into the fuel.

"So an apology is supposed to fix years of pain" I felt my heart dip again. Once again, Cynthia was trying to play the "hero" with a perfect relationship that we should all envy.

"Well it's a start. Did you want them to go on their knees? So that it was substantially enough for you" I stated sarcastically, which caused her to regard me as though I was mad.

"I'm only lookin out for my baby cousin. No need to be defensive" Cynthia giggled, which made me want to punch her in the throat. She knew exactly what she was doing and how much it was killing me in the inside. Despite how much it triggered me whenever she spoke about my friendship, apart of me was left wondering whether she was right about the whole situation. Was I really making a mistake by letting Riah and Naomi back into my life?

Hey lovelies ❤️, thanks for reading this chapter☝🏾. What do you guys think of Naomi and Riah? Do you guys think we should trust them? And are you guys enjoying this first person narrative because I surely am? 🤪🤪 lets get this to 50 views please.