But I couldn't help myself.

I quietly opened the door and crept out into the hallway. I tiptoed down the hall in case Calum could hear me. Fall Out Boy music was still playing very loudly. I could easily identify the song as Centuries. I carefully turned the doorknob so that it wouldn't make a sound, and I opened the door.

His iPhone was plugged into a jack that was connected to a radio. I walked the the radio and lowered the volume, because I couldn't afford him having dead eardrums. Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying started to play, and I softly hummed along.

I looked to my left, where a bed was located.

Calum was sleeping.

He was still properly dressed, and his hair dyed blonde at some parts. It looked like he didn't change after he came home from work. He was still wearing a sweater (he wears a sweater almost all the time) and black skinny jeans. I was almost surprised that he wasn't wearing his shoes. They were, however, clad with socks. His body was sprawled all over his bed, the blanket covering on of his legs and his other leg on top of the blanket. The tight jeans let me see how muscly his legs were.

His left hand was tucked under his pillow. His right arm was draped over his body. He was facing me. Carefully and quietly, I bent down and sat in a crisscross position so that I was looking straight at his face. His lips were slightly parted as soft snores came out. He looked so fucking adorable, and I wanted to kiss him.

I didn't kiss his lips, mostly because that would be my first kiss and I don't want it to happen while my boyfriend was asleep. But I got up and leaned over his body so that I could kiss his cheek. I quickly moved away from Calum, just to see if I woke him up, but I didn't. His breathing became a little steadier, so I kissed his cheek again. I liked kissing his cheek.

I grabbed the blanket and arranged it so that it was covering his body, excluding his face. Not being able to help myself, I kissed his cheek one last time. I turned the light off, walked out of the room, and closed the door. Afraid that he would wake up, I quickly dashed to Mali-Koa's room and closed the door.

I don't know how I was so calm about this. I was acting as if I do this all the time. It's not like I always kiss my boyfriend's cheek when he's asleep. It's not like I always move things around so that he's comfortable. I don't know how I didn't freak out at seeing him in person. But it's not like I didn't have a reaction. Seeing him in person was very... satisfying.

✘✘✘

I woke up at around four in the morning, and I couldn't go back to sleep. I blamed the jetlag. It was always a habit of mine, though, back in America. I would go to sleep extremely late and wake up incredibly early. I was tired, but I couldn't get my eyes to close, so there was no use now.

I slipped on my Chuck Taylor's lazily. I slowly made my way downstairs and I walked outside. I sat on the swing where Mali-Koa and I had talked the night before, and I slowly rocked myself back and forth.

The sun hadn't come up yet. I was waiting for it to do so.

I stared at the dark sky, watching nothing move at all. A slight breeze hit me as I swung in the darkness. It almost made me wish I had worn my pullover, but I knew that I would be able to brush it off. I could keep warm if I wanted to.

I saw a dim light on the ground. I got off the swing and looked up. There was a light on coming through the window. I was guessing that it was Calum's room. A part of me was absolutely dying to go up and talk to him, but another part wanted me to let him be.

I was getting cold.

I walked back inside the house, climbing up the stairs and making my way to Mali-Koa's room again. It felt so much warmer, so much nicer in here. I liked it in here. I wish it could be just this temperature at all times.