Luke nods. Then, yawns.

"You should go back to sleep."

"Why do I feel tired when I've been asleep for so long?" Luke groans.

"Because now you're recuperating. Before your body was fighting to--stay alive."

Luke nods.

"I'll let you know when Hunter wakes up."

"Promise."

"I promise."

"Okay." Luke barely responds before he's falling asleep again.

8888

His eyes run over Hunter's features trying to figure out which ones come from his wife and if any come from him. He stands next to his bed. He brushes the hair out of his forehead. Diego smiles at the expression Hunter has. He has to be dreaming. Does that mean he already woke up and no one noticed? No, someone would have have been alerted.

"Dad?"

Diego's heart seems to stop in that moment. His eyes meet Hunter's. What should I do?

"Where?" Hunter tries. "Where is dad?"

Diego snaps out of it and quickly texts Andre before he is pressing the call button.

Hunter recognizes the room as a hospital room. Why? He furrows his brows. Oh. "Where is... Luke? How is he?"

"He is okay. He is sleeping." Diego reassures him as he helps him some water.

"Is my arm broken?" He asks noticing it.

Diego nods. "Andre should be here any moment."

"Where was he?"

"He was with Luke."

Hunter nods not noticing Diego's expression. "Is he really alright?" He asks.

"Yes, he woke up a few hours ago. Now that he is out of danger he needs to rest. He wants to see you."

"I want to see him too. He is my best friend."

Diego nods and adds, "Much more than a best friend too."

Hunter's eyes widen.

"We all know. Leo told us and it was confirmed by both of your reactions."

"Oh. We were going to tell you both over dinner."

"We know. We can still have dinner once both of you are out of the hospital."

"Yes, we will all have dinner." Andre says walking in.

"Dad!"

Andre smiles. "I'm so happy you're awake." He says giving him a hug.

Diego takes the opportunity to slip out of the room.

Hunter nods. "What was wrong with me? One minute I was talking with Luke and then the next I felt so much pain."

"Slow down. Drink some water." Andre tells him as he brings water to him. "A car hit you on your side and pushed you against a tree. You both needed a blood transfusion and fortunately, the only other major injury remaining for you is your broken arm."

At Hunter's expression, he adds. "Everything is good with it. It just needs to heal."

"Okay. Can I see Luke?"

"The doctor will need to come check on you and then we'll see. You're going to have to regain some strength. You've been asleep for almost five days."