Chapter 59: The mom!

Start from the beginning

Kyle shot me a sideward glance and I awkwardly pulled my hand back.

“What are you doing out here mom? You must be cold, let’s get you inside.” Kyle stretched forward to take his moms hand, before he could come into contact with her skin she jerked back as if he was poison. Kyle's face was blank and didn’t give away any emotion as he followed behind his mom, who had turned to walk inside.

I raised an eyebrow and stepped into the foyer, my eyes went wide as I took in my surrounding.

My first though wasn’t ‘wow this is so beautiful’, it was ‘ooh, I wonder if I can swing of the chandelier like a monkey or maybe, I could do a Tarzan?’ However, it was beyond beautiful, the white stone floors glistened and I could weakly see my reflection. I moved slowly my footsteps echoing in the long hall. The place was huge and I looked up to see Kyle making his way up the stairs at the far end of the room. The stairs led up and split off in two directions.

Oh, man I totally have to check this place out!

“Gwen?” Kyle's voice echoed through the big room and my eyes were drawn to the huge ceiling, pictures of naked babies and women decorated it. I held my breath, my head touching the back of my neck as I did a full circle taking it all in.

“Yeahhh.” I dragged out, my eyes going as round as flying saucers.

“Wait here, I won’t be long.”

“Okay!” I shouted happily.

“That was over enthusiastic, stay.”  He ordered and I pulled a face.

“Woof woof.” I barked back and I watched as he led his mom up the stairs not once making contact with her, not a word was spoken except for Kyle talking.

As soon as they disappear I jumped up and down with a little squeal, I debated if I should get on the floor and pretended to be a worm, my brain decided not to since a butler was walking down the stairs, a tray in his hands. I skipped casually to one of the many door and stopped at the biggest one, it was made of oak and I quickly looked around before doing a quick Alohomora (harry potter) to open the door. I even tried open sesame, when that didn’t work I let out a huge sigh and pushed open the heavy door, it opened with a loud creak. I expected to see a three headed dog. Instead, I was greeted with shelves of books.

“Oh Harry Potter, eat your heart out, seriously.” I whistled and walked up to the fist shelf. The door slammed close with a loud click causing me to lose my nickers and practically poop myself.

I turned to watch a beast move away from the door. It’s a demon! Help, someone save me!

I watched the shape move to the left and I let out a long breath when I raised it was Marmite.

“Seriously, Marmite? Why are you everywhere I go? I bet you’re a secret agent sent from another universe.” I looked at the cat waiting for a reply.

“No answer, I think that’s a sign of you’re an agent, I bet you know all about Dale and Kyle. By the way, you are not doing a very good with the whole protecting him and is that a gold book? It’s so shiny.” I crammed my neck up and looked around for something to help me climb to the top to retrieve the gold book. When I didn't see anything that would help me I placed my foot on the first shelf and puled myself up, it made a low cracking sound and I felt it wobble slightly. My hands gripped the side as I held onto the shelf for dear life.

If I let go I might fall to my death, I know I'm dangerous but please reframe yourself from gasping and shaking your head in amazement, I was only a foot of the ground.

“Okay Marmite, new plan, I'm going to throw you up there and then you’re going to do a superman and snatch the book, you can even do a little battle cry if you like. Anyway, you grab the book and summersault back down. Sound good?” I grunted as I turned to look at the cat, my feet and hands still glued to the shelf. I moved slowly my left foot searching for the ground as I moved slowly down. I panted both of my feet on the ground  and nodded my head in satisfaction.