Chapter 20: Blue.

Chapter 20: Blue.

“This is the last thing. Are you sure about this?” I asked as I glanced at Millie’s long hair, it fell to the small of her back in beautiful little curls. Millie ran a hand though her locks, tugging on the ends before letting it fall to offer me a brilliant smile. 

“Defiantly, I have wanted to cut it for so long, I just haven’t had the motivation.” She admitted as she pushed open the door to the hairdressers, pulling me inside.

I chuckled at her boldness and stood behind her as she asked the lady behind the counter if she could make an appointment. We were then shown to a seating area where we would have to wait for the hairdresser to be free.

We spoke for a while and laughed as we looked through the bags of clothes and accessories we had brought. We had spoiled ourselves rotten and had made a good day of it. At first Millie was hesitant about the whole thing until I gave her a glare and forced her to take the credit card.

A silence had settled between us and Millie looked up, her top teeth singing into her bottom lip making her look apprehensive as she asked me, “Gwen? I'm really grateful that you offered- insisted to pay for all this, but is it okay?” she questioned making me sigh.

“Millie, its fine..”

“Oh no, what if this is your money for college, is this it?” she panicked as she slapped her hands over her face, “I'm a horrible person.” She sobbed making me snort in laughter.

Leaning forward, I pried her hands away from her face, making her look at me. “Millie, stop. It wasn’t for anything like that,” I glanced around nervously as if there was spy’s in the wall as I leaned closer to whisper, “If I tell you something, you have got to promise me that you will not tell anybody.” I asked sternly.

Millie straightened and nodded her head, indicating I should go on. “Kyle kind of gave me his credit card, only if I promised to pick up a load of crap for him.” I told her.

Millie blinked at me, her hands that where in her lap stopped moving as she raised an eyebrow and curtly asked, “Who?”

“Kyle Reece.” I sated unsure to why she was having such a weird reaction.

Millie’s mouth dropped and she grabbed my hand making me jump, “Kyle Reece? Did you steel it? Oh Gwen, I'm so sorry this is my fault.”

At her rising voice, the lady at the counter frowned and looked over making me wrap my hand around Millie’s mouth, silencing her. I smiled apologetically at the lady before turning to look at Millie who blinked her wide eyes up at me.

“I didn’t steal it,” I hissed, “He gave it to me, threw it at me in fact, told me to buy half the convenience store and buy something for you.”

As if impossible, Millie’s eyes went wider and I could feel her mouth opening and closing beneath my hand. “Me?” she squeaked, “Kyle Reece gave you his credit card and told you to buy me something. Wait, he knows? Are you dating him or something?” she rushed out as I slowly removed my hand away as she lowered her tone of voice.

I cringed at her words and frantically shook my head. “No way, Kyles an ass, he’s my neighbour, remember? He’s on close terms with my aunt and my old parol- best friend; he does anything to look good in front of them.”  I shrugged and eyed the woman who was walking towards us. She called Millie’s name, Millie shot me a ‘we will finfish this conversation later’ look before following her.

Five minutes later, the counter clerk made her way over towards me. “Hello, while your friend is getting her hair done, is there anything you fancy doing to your own?” she asked as I looked down at my dark hair.