Chapter 1: New Faces and my First dinner on Titanic.

I dedicate this book to my family and friends. Also to the people who work in my favourite café in my hometown, and lastly to my english literature teacher who  also encourages me to write.

JOE

"There she is. Beautiful."

"Excuse me!" Madeline said jokingly

"Not as beautiful as you Madeline."

"Good."

"Eddie what deck are we on?"

"We're on B deck and we have our own promenade deck."

"This is the last call for boarding!" A crew member yelled

"Come on." Eddie stated. I grabbed his hand and we boarded the Titanic. There was masses of people. I had to hold my brother's hand very firmly to stop myself being seperated from my family.

"Ah! Here you are sir. Parlor suite rooms B-50, 52 and 54. I hope your staterooms meet your standards. Enjoy your time on the maiden voyage of the R.M.S Titanic." said the steward while Eddie handed him some money and replying with a smile.

"Thank you good sir." Just then Titanic's loud whistles blew and there was a jolt of movement. We knew from that moment we were on the move. Heading to America for a new start to life after the death of our parents when we were on holiday in Cumbria. And coming along with us was Madeline.

"Joe you're not allowed to go out of this room without me or Maddie okay I don't want you getting lost. This is a big ship which makes it easy for little 8 year olds to get lost."

"I understand Eddie." I say.

"Alright who is ready to do some exploring of Titanic?"

"I am!" I squeaked

"Me to." Maddie said

"Alright then first stop The grand salon where will have our meals."

After about an hour and a half of navigating around B deck we finally found the doors to the grand salon.Once we were in we were stunned to see so many people already inside.

"Wow it's so magnificent!" Maddie said

"Glad you like it miss." stated another man but this one had a strong Irish accent. His voice startled us all.

"Oh! Sorry I didn't mean to startle you. I'm Thomas Andrews the designer of Titanic"

"Nice to meet you Mr. Andrews. I'm Edward Mason. This is my fiance Madeline McCoy and...."

"I'm Joe. I am 8 years old and you can call me Joe."

"Pleasure to meet you all. I hope you like your staterooms."

"Oh yes. They're magnificent. Would you like to sit with us at Dinner?" asked Eddie

"The honour would be mine. Goodbye Mason's and Miss. McCoy"

"Goodbye Mr. Andrews." We all say and wave as he walks away likely to greet someone else.

We furthered on from the Grand Salon to the bow where I met some 3rd class boys my age called; John Matthews, William Browne and Jack Campbell. Then we went from the Bow all the way to the stern where we met Isidor and Ida Straus who along with Mr. Straus' brother own Macy's department store. And we also met mr. and Mrs Thyer and their son John B. Thayer III but everyone called him Jack.

"Well what do you think then Joe?"

"It's beautiful Eddie" I gasped. I couldn't believe it. I was sailing on the grandest ship in the world. The sad part was that mother and father weren't here to share the experience with us.

After, several hours Titanic arrived in Cherbourg to collect more passengers and mail. I was starving yet I had to wait until 20.00pm to have dinner. I couldn't have any snacks because I was on a ship and not in a house. But, slowly and surely 20.0pm arrived. Dinnertime!

*

We entered the Grand Salon and we were a bit late thanks to Maddie's maid took ages to do up Maddie's hair. We found our table and discovered that it was enormous! Sitting at it was Mr. Guggenheim and his mistress Madame Aubert, Mr. and Mrs. Strauss, the Thayers, Mr Andrews, our parents friends John Jacob Astor IV, Madeleine Astor and 3 other people who I did not know.

"Sorry we're late Maddie's maid took a while to do Maddie's hair." Eddie stated earning a glare from Maddie.

"It's okay Mr. Mason." Mr. Andrews smiled sympathetically

"I'm J. Bruce Ismay. I own the ship."

"I'm George Dunton Widener. This is my wife Eleanor."

"It's a pleasure to meet you both." Eddie and Maddie said shaking their hands.

"Margaret Brown but everyone calls me Molly."

"It is a pleasure to be acquainted with you Molly"

"Where are your parents at?" asked Mr. Astor

"John!" Mrs. Astor hissed

"Yes maddy darling."

"Don't you think it is a bit rude asking where their parents are before even saying hello to them?"

"Honestly Mrs. Astor don't worry about it. As for the answer Mr. Astor sadly my parents have passed away when we were on holiday this winter. Which is Maddie and me have moved are wedding forward so I can take up the position of chairman of my father's business in Ohio."

"Oh I am so sorry to hear that. If there is anything that me or madeline can do just write to us."

"Thank you Mr. Astor."

There was one more person who needed to introduce themselves.

"And I'm Charlotte Wardle Cardeza nee. Drake ."

"It is very nice to meet you ." Me, Eddie and Maddie smiled.

After, a three course meal it was time for me, Maddie and the rest of the 1st women to go back to our staterooms. I had a bath and got my pajamas on and climbed into my bed.

I was so exhausted I went straight to sleep.