Chapter ten- The next day

Ari's POV-

I feel tired because I suffer from a lack of sleep. The constant beep from my alarm rings in my ears and my hands fumble around my nightstand to turn it off. After strentiching in the comfort of my blankets I get up and drink some water. Internally dreading the school day, I take a glance in the mirror to see the mess I have to work with today. I had a rough sleepless night.

Today I had school, and I was mentally trying to prepare myself all night but nothing worked. Because I didn't 'back off' from Miguel sam is going to tell everyone everything about me and the privacy of my life we'll be gone. Honestly my life for a while was a mess, I kept it from everyone in hopes for me to forget, having everyone know Things about me I wish I don't remember makes my body sweat and ache in dread. After letting out a long hard breath I finished getting ready for school and was about to leave my apartment. At least I had good friends that would stay by my side. Sure my dad was always working and was never around but when he was home it was great, I miss him a lot.

My hands are trembling as I reach for the door, the cold medal of the hand tingles against my skin at first touch. Embracing the fresh air and cool breeze I walk to school and outside of the safety of home. I don't feel like biking so I would rather clear my mind with a walk. Entering the entrance to my school that has taken over my life, I can't take my mind off of the the threats and argument with Sam. And event that haunts my regular happy lifestyle. Just because Sam is a bitch doesn't mean I am not going to be my regular peppy kind self to everybody, so I smile and talk to people on my way to my locker. They seemed shocked at my happy go lucky attitude and honestly I am too. I am surprised to have put up this charade of emotions and block my inner feeling for this long.

I make eye contact and give a warm smile to almost everyone I see earning smiles in return. I count the steps to my locker in hopes to stop conversation with others, at my locker no one can talk to me, bother me, it's a quick safe stop before I begin class. The numbers echo in my head as I tally the steps.

1....

2....

3.....

Just a few more, almost there.

4.....

5.....

6....

I can hear sam and her army of bullies a few feet behind me laughing at god knows what ready to pounce. Increasing my pace I feel anxiety build up inside me at just Sams voice.

7.....

8....

SLAM! That's it, Sam pushes me to the floor. The contact of my face to the tile creates a loud clamor. I can feel my skin buzzing and the pain echos across my face. The laughter of her and her friends echos trough my ears. The hallway silent, not this again. Why out of everything she had to push me? After a couple second I press my hands on the ground pushing my self up. I turn to see Sam, my hand still rubbing my face in hopes to relive some of the pain. I can only imagine my expression right now, a red blotchy face, shocked look, most likely priceless for Sam and her friends. She wears a smug smirk as she flips her hair just like any spoiled brat.

I casually but still upsettingly walk over to her and smile. I know exactly what she is doing. She wants me to hit her cause commotion, get me in trouble. She wants to blame me. She wants me expelled. I see her face contort to confusion at my smile. My face still buzzing and aching from the fall. To think I was only a few steps away from my locker.

" hey Sam. Good to see you." I smile, my face inches away from hers. I can feel the heat radiating off of her body. Her mouth opens then closes as if she was trying to say something, the only way to get under Sam's skin is to do the unexpected. Do the opposite of the reaction she was expecting. For me that is to stay calm and happy.

" what's wrong cat got your tongue? Good, the less I hear your annoying voice the better." I say at the silence between us, this time the smug smirk reaches my face as I walk past her and finish reaching my locker. The hall still silent, just the sounds of my footsteps. My locker getting into view I see Miguel standing there waiting for me, a surprised expression on his face. I close my eyes taking a deep breath, I look at him and I force out a smile. He smiles back before looking behind me, smile leaving his face morphing into one of annoyance. I already know Sam is heading this way. Speeding up my pace I reach Miguel and my locker stealing a quick glance at Sam and her angry expression. By this time the hallway bursted into conversation and Sam's actions were nearly a forgotten memory, the only people who cared were her "friends" that were most likely using her for money. New gossip was being spread and the grade forgot about what she did already because of its unimportance. I lean up to Miguel's ear and whisper, let's run. Of course not wanting to deal with her. He smiles before I slam my locker shut and make a firm grip on my books before we run across the other hallways. Evading Sam was successful and it saved me some more happiness and less anxiety. I didn't see her for most of the day until the very end.

Miguel and I talked and decided we were making up our ruined plans and I would be joining him and hawk after school at karate. The best part was most of my closest friends joined cobra kai so I could take my mind off of the schools biggest bitch Sam.

I was laughing and having a good time with Miguel, hawk, and Aisha walking to karate when Sam steps a few feet in front of me. Her arms crossed against her chest. I stop dead in my tracks. Life was almost back to normal until she decided to waltz back into my happiness and comfort. The school was pretty much the same. I was still kind to everyone and friends to almost everyone, it seemed as if sams fit yesterday didn't matter.

The devil her self directed her attention towards Miguel and smiled, Before looking at me and frowning.

Most people already cleared out of the school witch I was thankful for, Incase Sam caused drama.

" so Miguel , I see your hanging out with Ari. But do you really know a lot about Ari? Do u know about her family, her criminal record, her broken life? I don't think so." She snarled. Miguel looks at me, his face actually showing thought. Hawk and Aisha saw what was happening, and agreeeded to meet us at karate rushing out of school as quickly as possible.

" Sam, why don't you back off before someone gets hurt. School is over and anything I do can't get me expelled." I warn her, I don't want to do this. I can her her fake chuckle and snotty laugh. Miguel looks annoyed before he looks at me a mouths, don't provoke her. I look at him a little saddened, I whisper back trust me I can take her. He smiles before shaking his head. Clearly he didn't want me in any fights and honestly me too. He grabbed my hand and we both rushed passed her. Without another word we were running to the cobra kai dojo, until Miguel asks the question I always dread.

" what does Sam mean when she says 'broken life' and criminal record?"

———————————————————————

Another chapter! THANKS FOR OVER 400 READS! I never thought I would get over one reader and here we are hope u enjoy this chapter and I know I said this would be Miguel's POV but that will come later. Also the story will attract moving a little quicker hope u guys enjoy!

1417 words