4. The Explanation

Start from the beginning

"Mom! No. . . She is not our baby." Fahad spoke as if he had just asked to drink raw eggs. Ugh. Ew. I can never! Shoutout to the people who do/did that.

"Then why does she have your hair and Nada's eyes?" The same question?

Why?!

"Mom if any baby has emerald coloured eyes and light brown hair doesn't mean that it is our baby." He cried with utter disgusted facial expression.

"Then whose is she?" Asked Aunt.

"That was my question too when these both knocked at my door with Alizah in hands and ushering me to come here to answer all of my questions. What are you hiding kids? Tell us please." My mom told.

"She was given to us to take care of her by a woman." I spoke in a low voice.

This is gonna be way difficult than I thought it would be.

"Huh?! What kind of joke is this?" Aunt Naaz exclaimed.

"Mo-" Fahad was cut off by when a girl started ascending downstairs, rubbing her eyes. That's Uméma. Uméma Layla Sheikh.

"What happened Mom?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"Nothing honey. It's okay you go upstairs." Aunt said.

"Mumma still honey? I am eighteen years old now." She whined.

"You will always be my honey, my beauty." Aunt cooed and gently pinched her cheeks. Beauty. Ofcourse she was more than the word 'beauty' could describe her. With the mint shade of blue, her eyes resembled the water of Carribean Sea and long black hair made her look like a galway girl.

"Oh. Asalamwalaikum (peace be upon you) Aunt Ayesha and Nada." Uméma greeted us.

"Walaikumasalam (peace be upon you too) dear how are you?" Mum asked.

"Alhumdullillah (with God's grace) fine. You?" Uméma inquired. Something was off with her. She was not as jolly she used to be.

Yes I knew her. I met her at Rahim and Mira's wedding and she used to visit both at our house so I also know her. But she doesn't visit us anymore though.

"We are also good." I smiled at her.

"Oh my God?! Who is this cutie?" She squealed and took Alizah from Mom's hands. Finally some emotions revealed on her face.

"Oh My God! She has such amazing color of her eyes and her hai-Hawwww-"

"No. It's not ours." I and Fahad both uttered together. I knew she was going to say the same thing which Mom and Aunt Naaz asked.

Also I am just going to ignore the fact that we again said something together.

"Uh. . . But her eyes and her hair?" She looked up at me. Confusion evident on her face.

"Is it necessary for that to happen?" Fahad chimed in agitatedly.

"Umm, No." Uméma answered and then gave a big grin at Alizah.

"As we were saying that we were given Alizah by a woman named Samaira-" Fahad started to explain when Uméma butted in.

"So you simply happily accepted?!" She asked confusedly.