SEQUEL PREVIEW

Hey guys! It has been a bit since I last spoke to you all. As presumed, I have made changes to the sequel blurb and so on, but one of the most exciting things is that we now have a title! I even got a cover made! I'm absolutely, deeply in love with both of them. However, the bigger news is that The Unlikely Couple hit 100k reads!

I've never, ever in my years of Wattpad, had a story with this many reads. I know that to many people, it is not at all a lot, but to me seeing those figures, it makes my heart sing. And to think, a few months ago my aim by the end of the year was to have 20k reads!

Thank you all for your support for this story, I never thought I could finish a book of this genre, but it happened and I have all of you to thank. Come on, high five!

About a week ago, I was showing some of my cousins my story and Wattpad, and one of my youngest cousins (who is also incredibly fashionable) asked me a very significant question that made me think. When I showed her this story, she asked me "Do you have any connections to the story? Is it based on you?" Instantly I replied "No." But it made me think further.

I'm eleven years younger than Stacey, I'm not a successful writer and I've never had interesting encounters with men. On the surface, Stacey and I have nothing in common, but in a deeper sense we do. My views on politics and society and culture, are conveyed through Stacey. I've been told by my close friends that I'm heavily present in her dialogue and actions. The story in general, isn't based on my life, but the smaller things, the things that make the story in a sense, real, is all from me. Stacey's first encounter with Joel as I said, actually happened. Stacey and Lindsey's laxitive incident, although not brought on by laxitive, has happened to me and I'm sure many of you too. Don't hide it!

I'm always going to continue putting these little events in, because they're unsaid things, and they make the story more relatable and real. That's my aim after all, to be real, and through this book and especially the ending, I hope I've achieved that. 

Okay, sequel preview time. Introducing you all to...

Crazy and Questionable

Rain in Melbourne was so depressing, there’s no other way to explain it. When the time came for the clouds to blanket the city and the sky to weep, you may as well lay under the covers and wait for this unique period to pass.

“Oh piss off,” I skipped the song on my iPod, another complete downer. I appreciated Elisa introducing me to calming bands, but they always had that one song that drained the life out of their listeners. Crossing the congested street to the Residential building, I felt a tad nervous. I’d been back for three weeks and only come to the office twice. What had I found? Gavin made major renovations. I was delighted by his choices but that meant the layout of each floor was now confusing.

“Hey Stacey!” Oh no, pay slip guy. Why can’t I remember his name? He followed me through the doors and over to the elevator.

“Hi!” I cheerily replied, fixing my coat. It was a gift from Fera, a faux leather piece that rested near my knees. The colour was delicious, a mustard shade that emphasised my hair.

“Top?” He said, his finger hovering near the button panel.

“Yes please.” I adjusted my rich pantone dress, debating on tying my curls back. The blonde was gone, almost vanished into thin air. I returned to the hairdresser because it came to a point where I actually couldn’t stand the gold. She used a new treatment that rid my hair of the sun-kissed colour, but a light shade still remained which would fade with time.