Chapter Twenty-Nine

I have to tell you guys, it is difficult to write when your arm is continouously throbbing. It's finally here, the last chapter! D: I admit, I dragged it out a bit because I didn't want it to end, but here we go.

The feels :'c

I rolled to the right, blankets engulfing me as I moved, the patter of footsteps already making me groan.

"Come on, get up!" Brodey did the worst thing, threw open the curtains.

"Brodey I told you to stop." Please don't turn the airco- shit. The room became still as the aircon shuddered. More steps followed, belonging to Olivia.

"You've got the hairdresser today, come on." She yanked the blankets off my warm body. I laid on the bed in a loose shirt and leggings, regretting the decision to let these two take care of me.

"I don't need a haircut."

"Stacey, you've got the makings of split hair, you need one." Over the months she's gained magnificent confidence, which is bad for me because she's no longer afraid to let me get away with things.

"And you've got the doctor in a few days, you need to look decent." Doctors, ugh. In my head a soft whisper approached my thoughts, hormones gone haywire, nothing there...

"Tell me Mother, have you prepared my clothes?" I glared at Olivia.

"Yes I have, something comfortable because you'll be sitting there for a while." It was decided I need a new look, a style to shed the past months away. Rather than shave my head, we settled on a colour change.

"Also, you have a visitor. Want them in here or what?" Olivia held in one hand a phone, the other my bra.

"Just let me brush my teeth and I'll come out." Stupid vitamins are making my mouth taste awful. I took the bra and moved to the bathroom, closely examining my hair with tired eyes. She's right, I need a cut. Maybe take an inch off.

"Stacey," Bradley smiled as I walked out, fresh looking in his suit and damp hair. "Good morning." He kindly kissed my cheek.

"It'd be good if they let me sleep in." I yelled purposely in the direction of the kitchen.

"They're just looking out for you. What's up? Been okay?" I was a little suspicious of his happy tone.

"I'm just trying to get on, Bradley. Nothing new." Gavin and the rest are hoping a change of scenery will help, and so am I. Melbourne is a wonderful place, my home, but I need a break. I can't stand to walk down the busy streets as if I'm the only person in the city.

"It's good to see you're dry eyed." He yanked me into a hug.

"Finally. Why are you here so early? How's Jolie?" Still going strong, a dazzling fire that burned a small hope in me that love can be kind.

"She's perfect. Other than to see you, I wanted to ask for your opinion." Bradley pulled out a blue velvet box, containing a silver ring with a diamond that sparkled brighter than the sun.

"Oh Christ," I gasped at the beauty. "Bradley it's gorgeous! When are you going to ask?" He was a little hesitant to show me, knowing I'd be struck with enormous pain, but understood that I needed it.

"I was thinking tonight. Is it okay? Does it suit her?" Oh it definitely does.

"Jolie is the most stylish and sophisticated woman either of us have ever met, this ring is the definition of her." Sleek and gorgeous, a top lady.

"Thank fuck." He wiped his forehead and sighed. "Do you think she'll say yes?"

"Are you stupid? Of course she will!" I'd learned a lot about her over the past few months, we had developed a bond that I never would have had with Marissa. Jolie revealed she had her own issues with pregnancy, causing the breakup of her last engagement. If she ever fell pregnant, it was most likely she'd never have a child again, which is why she was hesitant to take things further with Bradley. As presumed however, he told her it wasn't an issue, not when his love for her was so strong.