~Chapter 19~

What in the hell is Darien doing here? Why is he still alive? Why did Caleb lie to me about killing him? Why does he keep him tied up in here?

"Caleb get the fuck in here now!" I yell through mindlink. I hope it reached him and no-one else this time. I really need him to explain the situation, like now!

"Cupcake, is everything okay?" he asks sounding concerned.

"I found Darien. Come explain now before I let Cia take control"

He doesn't reply but a few minutes later I hear him run down the stares.

Darien reacts to the sound of the creeking stairs and tries to move further back from the door. What is he so terrified at?

When Caleb enters the room he grabs my hands and pulls me away from the man that ruined me. But that same man, the one with the twisted look in his eyes and the perverted mind is nowhere to be found. The Darien that's tied to a chair less than 3 feet away from me is scared to death, terrified and trembling just by looking at... Caleb ? He is terrified of Caleb.

"What is happening? You said you killed him. You said he was dead!" I yell and Caleb steps away from me, taken aback by the sudden rise of my voice.

"Let's get somewhere else to talk. I will explain everything" he says with low, cautious voice.

I take one last look at Darien before I storm out of the room. I climb the stairs and start walking deeper in the woods.

I feel angry. I feel betrayed. My own mate hid my abuser and the murderer of my family. He lied to me. Caleb lied. My skin starts to burn from the heat and my fur comes up. I shift, not caring about ruining my clothes, and start running deeper into the forest. Jumping over logs and tree roots, I only faintly hear Caleb talking to me through mindlink, begging me to stop running. He's following me. I can hear him running behind me, and I know that if he wants he can catch up with me and outrun me but he's giving me some space.

He begs for me to stop running and listen to him, and the more I hear his voice the angrier I get.

"Shut up!" I yell.

"Babygirl, please stop and listen to me. I can explain" he says once more and I can hear he's a few feet behind me.

Before I can fathom what's happening, I turn and attack him. I bite his neck and he falls down whining in pain.

I take a step back. I hurt him. I bit Caleb!

What the fuck? He's your mate!

I shift and run to his side. He shifts too and my eyes tear up when I see the damage I've done. His neck has a huge bite mark and there's blood  everywhere.

"Oh my god Caleb! I'm so sorry!" I cry. I pull him on my lap and try to mindlink anyone from the pack to come help.

His eyes are slowly closing and his breathing is weak. It's painful. I can feel he's in pain. And I'm the reason. Again! I hurt him. Again...

"Faye is coming, please don't die on me, please baby, I'm so sorry" I cry and he squeezes my hand.

"It's okay" he whispers before closing his eyes.

I sit there crying and yelling for someone to help. No! I can't let him die. I can't bear the thought of killing my mate! He's the best thing that ever happened to me. And I destroyed him. I hurt him. I killed him.

No!

I stand up and grab his body. He's too heavy to carry but I can at least drag him towards the pack.