~Chapter 4~

Caleb and Emma found themselves sitting in the cabin's kitchen, him making something for them to eat and her sitting silently at the table. She looked around the room only to notice that most of it was wooden. The moon's light passed through the closed window giving a mysterious but inviting aura to the room. She was overwhelmed by the moon. It was like it was calling her. She rarely saw it when he had her. He would always lock her in a room with the windows and the shutters closed, with only source of light one little lamp. It was a pathetic excuse of a room.

"Do you like the moon?" Caleb asked setting a plate full of food in front of her. She averted her eyes from the window to look at him and nodded.

When she saw the amount of food he had given her her eyes widened. Back home she would get a few bread slices, half an apple and a glass of water if she was lucky. Now she had a full plate of pancakes in front of her, topped with some chocolate syrup and sprinkled with strawberry pieces.

"Is that for me?" she quivered looking at Caleb.

"Yeah... Well, if you don't like it I can always make you something else. I didn't know what you like and what you don't so I went with a classic. Everyone likes chocolate and strawberries" he said scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I haven't ate chocolate in years" she whispered cutting a small piece of the pancakes and bringing it slowly to her mouth.

She moaned when the flavors hit her and a smile spred to her face.

"Thank you" she said taking another bite.

"Anything for you cupcake" he said taking a bite from his pancakes. "As long as you stop trying to hurt yourself, I will do anything for you"

"But why?" her curiosity couldn't be kept hidden anymore. He was acting like he knew her for years, like he cared or even loved her. And that was not normal for someone she met two hours ago.

"Well...what do you know about werewolves?"

She thought about it. What did she know about werewolves? Considering she just found out they actually exist, her knowledge about them was only what movies provided.

"Not much. Whatever I saw in movies, most of which I guess is not true" she answered finishing her food.

"So do you want to ask?" he chuckled passing her his plate when he noticed she stared at it.

"Eat up baby girl you look like you need it" he said reassuring her and she didn't hesitate. She was indead hungry. He had curently punished her with a week of no food, just a cup of water per day. She starved.

"I don't know what to ask first" she said.

"Whatever, just pick any question" he said casually leaning back to his seat.

"Okay" she said thinking of what to ask.

"I guess the pack thing movies show is true. You already said this is your pack. You are Alpha. What does that mean?"

"It means I am the head of the pack. Everyone else obeys and respects me and I take the responsibility to keep them safe and happy. My mate will be the Luna of the pack and will be equal to me. I have a Beta, my second in commant who is also my best friend. After him there are the warriors, the strongest wolves of the pack, either men or women, and then there are the simple pack members. The pack doctor, the pack loyer for when we have to deal with human stuff" he explained the pack ranking and she nodded.

"The pack doctor? So you can get hurt?" she asked finishing the extra pancakes.

"Yes, we usually heal fast but we are not immortal. We can be killed if not healed in time"

"You said something about your mate being a Luna. Mate as a soulmate?"

"Yes, a soulmate. We are destined to be together, can't live without each other, would die to protect each other. She will have my pups, children, and she will be my coruler of the pack. We usually find our mates until our sixteenth birhtday, but it took me a little longer" he said staring at her eyes.

"So you found her?" Emma asked staring back at his.

"Damn sure I did" he smiled.

She frowned and looked at his smiling face. It didn't take her long to put the pieces together. He said he would never hurt her. He saved her twice from suicide. He gave her his food without her even having to ask. He was exremely kind to her. Realisation hit her and her eyes widened once more.

"Am I your mate?" she exclaimed and his smile became wider.

"Yes, cupcake, you are my mate. And I am yours" he said taking her hand in his.

"Do you feel that? The tingles? That's the mate bond. It's not that strong for you since you are still a human but for me it is overwhelming. It's killing me when I see you but not touch you. Your scent is driving me crazy. Your voice is southing and relaxing. Everything about you attracts me" he said rubbing her hand with his thub.

She was in shock. She was surprised. And she was freaking out.

She got up quickly, stepping away from the table and from Caleb.

"No that can't be real! I'm a human and you are a werewolf. I can't be your mate!" Emma was freaking out. She paced back and forth in the room processing the newly found information.

She was a werewolve's mate. She was an Alpha's mate. She was to become a Luna! No, that wasn't what she wanted. No matter what happened this life was not for her. She wanted to reunite with her family and the only way to do that was by death.

"I need to die. I'm sorry but you will have to find someone else to be your mate" she said and he growled.

"I'm not going to let you die. And I can't just get someone else. It's either you or noone" he said lowering his voice.

"Well then you'll have to be alone. I'm sorry but I need to leave" she said walking to the door. She left the cabin and started walking towards the woods hoping to find a way to die peacefully before he or Caleb found her again.

"Emma please don't leave. I can't live without you!" he yelled running behind her.

"You'll manage. I'm not that important" she said and continued running until he showed up in front of her. She jumped scared by his sudden appearance but sighed and turned the opposite way.

"You don't get it. If you leave me, I will die. If you die, I will die. And it won't be peaceful Emma! It will be a torture! Nature's punishement for losing my mate" he said and stopped walking.

She froze and turned back to look at him. He was now sitting on the ground, leaning on a tree and looking down at his feet, broken.

She knew that feeling. She knew how it was to be broken and she could recognize it to anyone. He was broken because she wanted to leave. Because she wanted to die.

"Emma please. I beg you... Just give me a chance" he said lowly. She could barely hear him.

"You don't understand. He broke me. I can't take anymore of this painful life. Too much pain for me to handle. Too much misery and loneliness. I've been scared for my life since he took me and killed them. He killed them! And I didn't do anything! That is too much guilt. And I want it all gone. I need to leave. I am broken. You don't want me, trust me in that" she said crying.

"Emma he is a dead man. Tomorrow morning. It's the first thing I'll do! Just give me a chance" he said looking sadly into her eyes.

"A chance to do what? Even if you kill him the blame is all on me!" she yelled.

"A chance to show you what you'll be losing if you die now! A chance to show you that what happened was not your fault! It's not yourself you must hate! It is him! And he has earned my hate for what he did to you! Give me a chance to make you want to live. If I fail, I'm not going to stop you. Just one Emma, there is nothing to lose!" he said standing up and approaching her slowly. His hands cupped her face and his thubs caressed her cheeks.

"Two weeks. No more! Although I don't think I'll ever want to live again. But since your life is linked to mine I owe you one chance. But that's it. After that, you'll let me die in peace. Deal?"

"Deal"