~Chapter 5~

He had two weeks to change his mate's perspective about life. He had to show her that what she abandonned was too much. She had too much to lose! And he was determined to succeed. Not for him. He didn't care if he died. But just thinking of her dead, broke him. That was worse than death.

He couldn't lose her. For four years he thought she didn't exist. He was sure he had no mate. Moon Goddess had left him to live his life in loneliness.

But when he caught her scent that evening he was excited. He had finally found her!

He was running along the limits of the forest, just where the last few human properties reached the trees. He rarely came that far outside the forest. That's because the town was far from his territory and he disliked the noise it made. Too many cars. Too much music and lights ruining the moon's shiny surface.

But that night was different. He had an odd feeling to go there. His wolf was going crazy as he approached the last house that was near the forest. And then he understood why. The overwhelming scent of cherries and vanilla hit him and his knees felt weak. He came to an hault and looked to the closed shutters of the house, trying to find the source of that amazing smell.

His mate was in there. He was sure about it. He approached the house in wolf form circling around it in order to find a way to look inside. He reached an open window and what he saw tore him apart. A little girl was curled like a ball at the floor, naked and a man was passed out at a couch a few meters away. It was clear what he had just done to her. To his mate. She was the source of the scent.

He was furious! He wanted to kill that bastard right then and there for touching his mate and he was about to do it when she stood up and got dressed as quickly and quiet as she could. He watched her exit the house and run away quickly.

He wanted to kill him but he couldn't risk losing her. He sighed and followed the girl quietly not wanting to scare her since he was still in wolf form.

She run to a nearby bridge and looked around to see if anyone followed her.

She was thinking about killing herself! He couldn't let her die when he just had found her.

"Kyle! I need you to bring me my car as quick as possible! Can you track me?" he mindlinked his Beta.

"Yes Caleb I know where you are. I'm coming" he responded immidiatly.

"Just bring it and leave. I found my mate" he said once again and changed back into his human form. He quickly wore the clothes he had been carrying and just when she was about to let the railing go he spoke.

                             ~~~

"Come on, you must be tired. Get some sleep" Caleb said and pushed her slightly towards the bed. He himself was exhausted being a werewolf. Imagine being a human. She sighed knowing she was to tired to refuse and lied down. She stayed at the far side of the bed and curled into a ball, her usual sleeping position. He lied next to her fighting with his wolf who desperately wanted to coudle her. It was obvious that she needed space between them. And if that made her feel safe then that was going to be it for tonight.

He stared at the ceiling, hearing her heartbeat closely, waiting for her to relax and fall asleep. But her heartbeat wasn't slowing down. If anything it sped up, like she was overthinking something.

"Calm down cupcake. What's bothering you. You can tell me" he said calmly turning his head enough to look at her.

"Can I sleep somewhere else? Please?" she said quietly, afraid of his reaction.

"I'm hurt that you don't want my company. You stay here, I'll take the couch" he said and stood up walking to the other side of the room and lying on the couch.

"It's your bed..." she started saying but he quickly stoped her.

"You're my mate, it's your bed too" he said putting another pillow under his head "And to be honest, I don't plan on sleeping too much tonight"

"Why is that?" her curiosity to know everything was adorable. He smiled and looked at her.

"I'm hyped. I found you. And it might seem as nothing important for you right now, but for me it means the world" he answered keeping his smile on.

"I want to know more about that mate bond thing" she said yawning.

"I'll tell you everything tomorrow. Now get some sleep beautiful" he said and so she did.

It had been a rough day for her. And it's been too long since she's slept in a decent bed like this. Caleb made her feel safe for some odd reason. And it was enough to let herself drift off into a peaceful slumber.