Ambers grin fell and she backtracked to the doorway of the living room, "Look guys.. Sorry I'm late but the orphanage is running on a tight budget that I need to sort by tomorrow morning. Can this wait?" She stated, running a hand through her hair.

Every person in the room turned towards the  girl who had black bags under her eyes and looked paler than usual, "No.. it can't wait" Steve said bluntly.

Amber crossed her arms slowly and leaned against the doorway, her eyebrows scrunching in confusion, "What happened?" She asked sternly.

"We got him"

Ambers body froze and her mouth opened slightly, her lip quivering. She could feel her head spinning and she could hear her heart thumping. They got him. Spots covered her vision and her legs buckled. The girl clutched onto the door frame.

Natasha rushed towards the pale girl as she so desperately tried to stay upright. Amber closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Hey, Hey, Hey, Am- you look awful" Natasha said, placing her hand on the younger girls forehead.

"I-I'm fine" Amber stammered, placing a hand on Natasha's wrist, pulling it away from her forehead as she sat up slowly.

"No, you're not." Bruce spoke, walking towards the girl, "When's the last time you slept?".

Amber looked down slightly, "Definition of sleep?" She asked, raising a brow.

"No disruptions, no nightmares, no disturbances, a full nights rest" Bruce listed.

"Um..." Amber said in thought, "Sleep with no nightmares? It's been maybe 3-4 years...but I do sleep" she added hastily, upon seeing the teams faces.

"When's the last time you napped or at least closed your eyes for a few hours?" Bruce continued, pushing her to answer.

"Maybe... 4-6 days ago?" Amber recalled cautiously. She could see Steve and Natasha close their eyes in- what she could only presume was disappointment.

"Jesus Christ Amber...You told us you were ok" Steve sighed in frustration, turning his back slightly.

"I am Okay?!" Amber snapped back.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Natasha asked softly, placing a hand on the girls shoulder.

"It's been roughly 3 years dealing with these nightmares. The one time I tried to reach out about them, I was turned away. All of you already have so much stress on your plates, why add mine?" She rambled.

"You need sleep Amber... it regenerates the body and energizes it. Go, now and rest" Bruce ordered as Natasha lifted the girl off the floor and escorted her to her room.

Amber lay on her bed, as Natasha closed her curtains and turned off the lights. The girl stared at the ceiling as Nat sat by her side. "Sleep Amber.. you need it". Amber nodded slowly and closed her eyes slowly, and soon faded into a dreamless sleep.

ØØØØ

A LOUD RUMBLING SOUND entered the sleeping girls ear as her bed and furniture shook. She groggily rubbed her eyes, as the noise got the louder. Amber sat up, looking around trying to find the source of the noise as Steve, ran passed the girls room, but backtracked and leaned against the frame of the door.

"They're here". That's all it took to get Amber awake and speeding out onto the training fields. A massive metal ship, was being held up/carried by a glowing Carol. The girl stood beside Rhodey and Steve as Carol placed the ship down slowly onto the grass.

Amber watched in amazement as the ship creaked and the main door lowered down. Natasha stood in shock beside the girl, offering her a jacket, which she gladly took. Amber slipped it on and folded her shaky arms as a figure of a man walked out, into the fields.

Steve ran forward to help the man and he stumbled weakly. Amber covered her mouth in horror at seeing how sickly thin and pale Tony was.

"Couldn't stop him" Tony muttered to Steve, who was holding him upright.

"Neither could I" Steve replied quietly,

"I-I lost the kid" Tony murmured, looking around at the people on the field, his eyes pausing on Amber before landing on Pepper. He'd lost Peter, Amber could feel her stomach churning in sadness.

"Tony..we.. lost" Steve responded,

Tony went to say something before Pepper ran up to the two men. "Oh-Oh my god" She sobbed, encasing Tony in a hug.

As Pepper and Tony broke apart, he kissed the side of her head and begun to stumble back towards the facility. The rest of the team followed but Amber hesitated upon noticing Rocket and another person sat on the steps of the ship in misery.

She looked down and followed the team as Natasha motioned for her to follow and Amber trudged after them. Silence then hung over the compound as Tony was sent straight to the infirmary and others went over strategy.

They got him back. That's the first step in the right direction.

ØØØØ

Yay another chapter! Anyway I'm really inspired to write this book atm....

Ok, so that's it really. DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!

I LOVE YALL 3000 <3