Waiting

10 Hours Later

I'm here in the waiting room, not alone anymore. Her family got here pretty quick cause they went by plane from New York to Baltimore, so it was pretty quick. My parents got here about two hours ago cause they came from Vancouver so it's distant.

And she is still on surgery. She was pretty bad when got here, a miracle that she is even alive. My Lea and my baby...This cannot be happening. I can't loose any of them, what if she dies? What am I gonna do? I can't handle lose Lea and our child. I supposed to protect both and now they're fighting for their lives and I'm here just waiting.

It's agonizing be waiting and waiting and having no news. I know that she is alive cause no one came to talk with me, but dammit! I never noticed how hard is be the family member. While I'm operating someone, I have the control of everything that is happening, if starts to bleed I stop, if the hearts stop, I do CPR...But the family? I can't do anything! I didn't stopped crying since I saw her. I can't stop. Without her I'm nothing.

It's useless for me try to stop crying. I can't stop. My brother constantly gives me water cause he is afraid that I'll be dehydrated. In 31 years of life, I never cried this much. Never. This morning I left to work and she was right there, sleeping peacefully.

"Uncle Cory, why you're crying?" My niece asked me and I look up to her and grab her and put on my lap, she is only 3.

"Do you remember Auntie Lea?" I asked and she nodded smiling big.

My entire family loves Lea! It's bizarre how our families get along really really well. My mom is crazy about her, the daughter she never had. My niece, Elena, loves Lea. Sometimes I think more Lea than they like me, but I'm fine with that, Lea Michele is awesome.

"Yes!!!! Where is she??" She asked.

"So, something really bad happened to her today and she is hurt. So she now is in danger and fighting to survive." I said.

"But sometimes I have to fight for my life too. When I fall on the ground and hurt myself, but I'm okay!!" She said and I small smiled with her innocence. "It was like that?" She asked.

"Yeah, ladybug. Just like that." I said, I'm not gonna say to her that is totally different. She is only 3!

"Oh don't worry! You don't need to cry. The doctor will just put a bandage and kiss it and the pain will pass just like my mommy does to me like I get injured!" She said and hugged me. Eventually, Elena fall asleep and I hand her to my brother, Shaun.

12 Hours Of Surgery

"Cory. They're coming." Lea's mom, Edith said and I stand up. Her father, Marc, put his hand on my shoulder as the group of doctor come closer to us.

"Is Lea okay?" I asked when they stand in front of us.

"She is fine for now." Will said and all us sighed in relief. But what about my little girl or boy?

"She had a huge internal bleeding and three broken ribs that thankfully we were able to repair just in one surgery." Naya said and I wipe my tears that no matter what, keep falling.

"She was with a small bleeding that we were able to repair easily." The doctor, that I swear I don't remember the name said. "We will just know if the surgery was successful when she wake up." I really hope he doesn't screwed up my girlfriend. I don't trust him. I rather be there doing it myself but I know why the Chief didn't let me. I spend 12 unstopped hours crying.

"Her heart stopped once during the surgery because of the stress  but thankfully, I was able to bring her back in a minute. We don't know if that affected something, we will just know when she wake up." Dianna said.

"And the baby? How is the baby?" I asked with my heart in my throat and shaking hands. I can feel the tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry to tell you this Dr.Monteith, we tried our best to save her. But we couldn't. I'm so sorry." Dr.Heather Morris said and I couldn't breathe, talk, the tears just came back with force. "She didn't make it."

"She?" I asked crying. "It was a she?"

"It was a beautiful baby girl." Heather said "We will give the family privacy, Lea is in the room 305 and you all can visit her in 10 minutes."

I sit on the chair and break down crying. I can't believe in this, my daughter. My babygirl. I won't see her born, first steps, first words, school, friends, high school, driving license, boyfriend, graduation...We won't see any of that. Our babygirl is dead!

"I'm so sorry Cory." My mom said petting my back but she couldn't stop crying either.

"How this is possible? How? My daughter." I said crying hard and everyone tried to comfort me.